Endless Boating Community Forums

Endless Boating Community Forums (http://forums.endlessboating.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boat Show & Event Coverage (http://forums.endlessboating.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2008 Toronto International Boat Show Coverage (http://forums.endlessboating.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161)

Chris 01-05-2010 06:16 PM

Hi John,

There is a guy up here in my neck of the woods who was selling them for a number of years. His shop is more or less out in the sticks in the Stouffville/Uxbridge area here in Ontario. I've been to his place a few times although not recently.

One of the times I was there he had a Checkmate for sale, but I didn't end up buying it.

I'm pretty sure he'll be at the 2010 Toronto Boat Show, so I'll see if I can pass by his booth and see if I can find anything out for you.

Also, I'll set up a gallery category and discussion forum for Avenger's. Perhaps, you would be kind enough to upload some pics to the gallery and then we'll create a thread in the Avenger forum where you can post them?

If that's cool, let me know and I'll set up the gallery category and forum for you. Hopefully that way, someone will stumble on your thread and perhaps we'll get some more info and pics collected. :)

-Chris

john lamon 01-05-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 5138)
Hi John,

There is a guy up here in my neck of the woods who was selling them for a number of years. His shop is more or less out in the sticks in the Stouffville/Uxbridge area here in Ontario. I've been to his place a few times although not recently.

One of the times I was there he had a Checkmate for sale, but I didn't end up buying it.

I'm pretty sure he'll be at the 2010 Toronto Boat Show, so I'll see if I can pass by his booth and see if I can find anything out for you.

Also, I'll set up a gallery category and discussion forum for Avenger's. Perhaps, you would be kind enough to upload some pics to the gallery and then we'll create a thread in the Avenger forum where you can post them?

If that's cool, let me know and I'll set up the gallery category and forum for you. Hopefully that way, someone will stumble on your thread and perhaps we'll get some more info and pics collected. :)

-Chris

Thanks Chris

I would appreciate it if you set that up, I would post my pics there and probably be able to answer most ?'s people might have about the setup on that hull as I had it for 7 years and tried lot's of different stuff to get it right. Are those boat's very popular where you are? Mine is the only one I've ever seen in person, I like the look of the new one in your pic, it looks like the hull is the same but the deck is a little different. I'd like to eventually upgrade to a bigger Checkmate for taking the family on and have a newer Avenger for my speed machine.

Thanks again, John

Chris 01-06-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john lamon (Post 5144)
Thanks Chris

I would appreciate it if you set that up, I would post my pics there and probably be able to answer most ?'s people might have about the setup on that hull as I had it for 7 years and tried lot's of different stuff to get it right. Are those boat's very popular where you are? Mine is the only one I've ever seen in person, I like the look of the new one in your pic, it looks like the hull is the same but the deck is a little different. I'd like to eventually upgrade to a bigger Checkmate for taking the family on and have a newer Avenger for my speed machine.

Thanks again, John

Hi John,

I wouldn't say they're popular, but there's definitely some around - I think mostly because Roy Lewis was advertising them in the Boat Trader for a number of years. As I recall, he used to advertise the Avenger's along side Sleekcrafts.

I've got the Avenger gallery category and Avenger forum all set up for you. So any time you're ready to kick them off, go for it and enjoy. :)

-Chris