Weather

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
How is the weather were everyone is at? Here in Toronto, it is cold and very windy....I think I am going to loose my mind if I don't soon get so relief from this weather. :yell::shakehead::pissed: I need ice melting weather!

I want to go:surf: and skiing, and just be outside enjoying the warm weather.

If you live in a warm part of the world...why not post a lovely warm picture.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Patience! :D

Give it another month or so and all of this snow and crap will be nothing more than a distant memory. :thumb:

-Chris

yolanda

It is like doing time.....crossing off each day at a time on the calender and checking whether you can go outside and not see your breath.........NOT Today!!! -14 degrees....boohooooo

yolanda

Not bad...but can you make it go in the double digits? That would make me a very happy girl.

Melt the snow....green up the grass and unfreeze the lake...not too much to ask for.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Not bad...but can you make it go in the double digits? That would make me a very happy girl.

Melt the snow....green up the grass and unfreeze the lake...not too much to ask for.
Well we want you to be a happy girl.

So of course, I'll get right on that.

It's a "process" to pull all that off though. So I'd say it'll take me about a month or so to fully complete. :bigthumb:

-Chris

yolanda

Okay, I guess I could be a little patient. But could we have a couple of shanooks in the mean time.

Today started off nice but then ended up as -17 degrees....

I just keep opening the Cottage Life magazine and look at those summer pics and tasty food and outdoor activities...the unfrozen lake and yup..those barbaque meals just a waitn' to be eaten.

endless boating brings endless smiles. the ches bay hasnt froze over for years, except up in the creeks. my boats are ready to go, and i was on the bay 2 weeks ago. i feel sorry for the folks up north, but then again, thanks for having a site like this, because i cant imagine being froze in without a killer boat site to fly on.

hello yo, weather is fair here on the esva ches bay. im an old member of chek, but ive got so many different boats that i was told to come here, but my first love is still my smilemaker1. im looking forward to being a supporting member, and cant wait to show our boats. my motor man (merkman) is an old school merk genious, who finds our boats for cheap, and our powerheads at the recycle bins, and im the fool who sets up the rigs that put the smiles on our faces. trouble is, this stupid redneck has trouble with computers. wait till you see what us fools have. we got every kind of flying machine, from 15 tunnel to 28 superboat, and its all about the endles smile

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well it was nice yesterday in the morning.

It was plus 7 C and melted some snow. :)

Too bad it dropped to negative double digits by nightfall though. :yell: :)

-Chris

yolanda

Glad you are having nice weather....and that boating is definitely in your blood. I myself love the Checkmate and can't wait to put on the waterskiis and go for a spin.....ahhhh warm weather it is like a distant dream....

Looking forward to seeing some neat pictures of your boats in the process of redoing them.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
They say the temps will be going above freezing later this week.

Let's hope the warmer temps stick around and the snow starts melting. :thumb:

-Chris

Christopher

Hang in there Yo, I can fell your pain. Upper Lake Michigan has gone from blue to
white. The seven day forecast however is temp’s in 40’s-F.

This is what I do. Did you make a too-do list for the 09 boating season? I did, and it
turns out there’s a lot I forgot. So the next sunny day take a few of your favorite beverages to the boat, clime in, sit down and look around. Dock lines OK, safety equip., engines, cleaning, ext.??

Have a grate summer. - Christopher

Cooperider

hello yo, weather is fair here on the esva ches bay. im an old member of chek, but ive got so many different boats that i was told to come here, but my first love is still my smilemaker1. im looking forward to being a supporting member, and cant wait to show our boats. my motor man (merkman) is an old school merk genious, who finds our boats for cheap, and our powerheads at the recycle bins, and im the fool who sets up the rigs that put the smiles on our faces. trouble is, this stupid redneck has trouble with computers. wait till you see what us fools have. we got every kind of flying machine, from 15 tunnel to 28 superboat, and its all about the endles smile
What happened here, I didn't need that translated? Maybe, I'm learning some Tangier finally.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well the weather forcast for tomorrow and next week is a "smilemaker" for me. ;)

The powers that be are calling for well above freezing and normal temperatures for the next week or so.

Hopefully that will get the white stuff and black and yellow stuff melting. :D

The start of Chris' 2009 Cottage Picture thread is not too far off now. :bounce:

-Chris

Outside

Warming Up

It was 72 here today in SE Va, finally a couple days to thaw out. Forecast is for around 77 Saturday and 80 or so for Sunday. It's not been Canada but, it has been unusually cold this winter.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well it was a record all time high today for us up here in Toronto.

It got up to 64 degrees or 18 Celcius.

Nice!

Melt that snow and more importantly, melt that ice!

-Chris

yolanda

Well, thanks for all those helpful get me through the winter cold blues ideas.

So here is my list - I am going to close my eyes and I'm going to go and put on the wet suit, going to walk over to the lake- which is unfrozen...going to listen to the growl of the Merc on the Checkmate which is in the background and ...put on the Slalom Ski..and......HIT IT:yell: Yeah Baby....what a feeling:bounce:

I no longer feel the Global Warming, the endless layers of clothing, the numbness in my fingers,toes and nose, the need to be able to make it from the house to the car in 5 seconds flat for fear of my nose sticking together and my tear ducks freezing over:irked:

Again thanks guys:cheers: and before I forget ......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS:thumb: and thanks for the absolutely fanfrikintaskic day. Many more days like this and Winter will truly have been just a bad dream.

yolanda

I am so happy about the lovely rainy weather we had today....melt the ice on the lake...

Hope you had a very nice Birthday!