Email Confirmations

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Gang,

There have been a few members that have asked about why they weren't sent activation emails. If you didn't get the confirmation email, typically, it is being blocked by spam software therefore you're not getting it. You can request an additional confirmation email be sent to you by using the request feature which is in the log in area.

Unfortunately, many email systems are now employing fairly aggresive but somewhat unsophisticated email blocking software, and too often some of your legitimate email wiil get sent to your spam box. Usually, the remedy is to approve our domains as approved senders. You can also look in your spam box as that's most likely where the emails that we sent are.

If you need help, email or PM me here or on the Check forums and I'll do my best to get you going. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I did some checking around and it seems like quite a few of the emails that are going to spam boxes are hotmail accounts.

I tweaked a setting in our server control panel that apparantly sometimes makes a difference as to whether the email gets through or not with hotmail.

I also manually sent out the confirmation emails again myself, so hopefully y'all will get them. If you didn't, I would try what I suggested earlier and check your spam box. If at all possible, if you could also put endlessboating.com in as an approved email sender that would be helpful. If you don't, it will make it hard for you to use many of the features of the site, as well as make it hard for you to use things like the password recovery feature, PM notificiation feature etc.

If you need additional help, let me know. :)

Cooperider

Thats why I always look in the spam folder too before I delete it. My confirmation email was there. But usually thats where I find the really important email that I need. Some filter huh?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason most of our hotmail/msn email addresses are not getting their emails.

I've followed their compliance rules but it doesn't seem to help.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
If you are a hotmail user and are not getting the confirmation email, you can try the following.

You will want to add our domain>EndlessBoating.com

Create a Safe List for incoming messages

To ensure that messages from specific e-mail addresses are not sent to your Junk E-Mail folder, you can add them to your Safe List.
  1. Click Options.
  2. On the left side of the page, click Mail, and then click Junk E-Mail Protection.
  3. Click Safe List.
  4. Type an address or domain (a domain is the part of an e-mail address that follows the @ sign) from which you always want to receive messages, and then click Add.
Notes
  • You can have up to 500 entries in your Safe List.
  • The Safe List filter is different from the Mailing List filter. The Safe List filter uses the From line of a message to filter e-mail. The Mailing List filter uses the To line.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gang,

I emailed Microsoft/Hotmail and they confirmed they're treating our emails like spam. It's actually their spam software that they employ that is doing it.

They asked me to make a bunch of changes to our server configurations which of course, make them happy and make some other providers unhappy...nothing new from Microsoft there I'd say!...anyhoo, I made the changes so we'll see what happens.

In the mean time, I manually approved all the new members confirmations as I know all of you anyway. Just keep in mind that unless Microsoft/Hotmail stop treating our emails like spam, you'll have a tough time getting emails from the site.

Hopefully they'll fix us up shortly.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Update on the Hotmail/MSN email issue.

I got an email today and they have removed our domains from their spam list.

They said the changes may take up to 48 hours to take effect, but after that Hotmail/MSN users should get their notification emails. :)

So that's good news. :thumb: