7.5 Gamefisher

hoglahyou

Hi im new to this forum, so bear with me. I think i need to get some lube for the lower unit of the outboard. It is a 7.5 horsepower Gamefisher outboard engine. I think it needs normal 90 weight lube but im not sure. Thanks so much! By the way, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi im new to this forum, so bear with me. I think i need to get some lube for the lower unit of the outboard. It is a 7.5 horsepower Gamefisher outboard engine. I think it needs normal 90 weight lube but im not sure. Thanks so much! By the way, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Welcome to the froums holahyou - nice to have you with us. :)

It sounds like you have a neat motor - do you know what year it is?

-Chris

Chris E

Hey Chris - put your memory hat on - those gamefishers used to be sold out of the sears catolog - back when sears sold tin boats.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Chris - put your memory hat on - those gamefishers used to be sold out of the sears catolog - back when sears sold tin boats.
Yeah, I remember them. I would have figured it would have been older then an '82.

hoglahyou,

I'm not totally sure, but I would think any marina should be able to give you the proper gear lube. I would guess it's just the typical over the counter type which is usually SAE90. Castrol make as does BRP and Merc as well.

You might want to double check though just to be sure that's the right one. :thumb:

-Chris