Avenger pics

john lamon

Here are some pics of the 78 avenger w/200 3.0 venom, manual j/p, sea star pro steering, 26 pitch raker prop, 82 mph. I am looking for another one of these boats, if anyone has any info that would be great, also if you have one of these and need info on the setup I would be glad to help.

Attachments

• P1010107.jpg
    P1010107.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010109.JPG
    P1010109.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010120.jpg
    P1010120.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

john lamon

more pics

more

Attachments

• P1010131.jpg
    P1010131.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 8
  • P1010140.jpg
    P1010140.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010143.jpg
    P1010143.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 10

Fun Times

Here are some pics of the 78 avenger w/200 3.0 venom, manual j/p, sea star pro steering, 26 pitch raker prop, 82 mph. I am looking for another one of these boats, if anyone has any info that would be great, also if you have one of these and need info on the setup I would be glad to help.
Looks like fun, Sorry I don't know of another one.

But I have a question for you, Is that lake behind you in the photos Frozen over???:eek::D

john lamon

Looks like fun, Sorry I don't know of another one.

But I have a question for you, Is that lake behind you in the photos Frozen over???:eek::D

Yup, it's frozen, those pics were taken in early may, the ice on are lakes doesen't drop until about the 15th or 20th of may, got to love Saskatchewan. I can never wait until the ice all goes before I get the boat out. :bigthumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting those and uploading those to the gallery John.

It does look like fun! :devil:

Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a few other Avenger owners stumbling on to them and joining us here. :thumb:

-Chris

jimbaygents

I used to have a 17' avenger with a 140 evinrude, went 60-65 mph. Great fast hull, had to get a bigger boat cause my girl friend at the time had back problems. The only non v-6 that I ran accross that was as fast was an Allison craft with a straigt 6 150 merc. i beat him out of the hole but he had the top end. I could pull a skier and he couldn't. Loved that boat.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I used to have a 17' avenger with a 140 evinrude, went 60-65 mph. Great fast hull, had to get a bigger boat cause my girl friend at the time had back problems. The only non v-6 that I ran accross that was as fast was an Allison craft with a straigt 6 150 merc. i beat him out of the hole but he had the top end. I could pull a skier and he couldn't. Loved that boat.
Welcome aboard Jim - nice to have you with us.

Do you have any pics of your old Avenger? :)

-Chris

john lamon

Hey brio, I am still looking, one day I'm sure I'll find one, I'm in no hurry as my kids are still young and I wouldn't have the time or money needed right now to restore one.

If you liked those pics check these out from this spring :lol:
april 2nd first boat on the river

10boat002.jpg

april 18th first boat on the lake

10boat029.jpg

10boat034.jpg

10boat037.jpg

10boat021.jpg

And finally all the ice is gone and the toys are parked infront of the cabin

10boat048.jpg

My dad kind of started a family tradition of being the first boat on the lake every year and I'm just passing it on to my kids, too bad it will all be frozen again in another 5 months:brickwall:

Last edited: