Whale Shark

390pony

Here's my 1997 Baja Marine 38 Special, which I run down in San Carlos, Mexico.

034sm.jpg

lvs1sm.jpg

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful looking boat and it looks like an equally beautiful area as well.

I hope you'll share some more pics! :thumb:

You can upload some to our Baja photo gallery section if you like. :)

-Chris

vindix

nice!

This area looks like a great spot for cruising & fishing.. I wish you lots of luck with your boat..

390pony

I've been down here for a week enjoying the boat. We did some fishing (didn't catch anything) and now the weather is good for diving. Hoping to do some spearfishing tomorrow!

390pony

I was just down in Mexico at my house and spent a lot of time on the water in my boat diving and cruising. My boyfriend had arranged for two of the local guys to repair all of the paint and put the name on the boat, along with a tribal shark design I had found in Tahiti last year. The name of the boat officially is "Whale Shark," but since it is in Mexico, I had them do the name in Spanish, "Tiburon Ballena." What was really cool is that they surprised me with the shark image and name on the door to the cuddy, also. I love it!

They did amazing work in repairing numerous scratches, gouges, blisters, and other paint damage. They still need to do the top of the boat, which will be easy since it's mostly white. We really didn't think they could repair the various colors so well. Unless you know where it was damaged, you can't tell. The colors are stunning now.

Then, of course, we had to have a christening, but we weren't about to smash the champagne bottle on the fiberglass hull. We put a little on the boat, and a little more on, and in, ourselves. I did manage to smash the window on the walk through when I couldn't keep my balance on the bow and made a sudden landing on it. Oh well, it gives us a nice breeze now.

ws2.jpg

ws3.jpg

ws4.jpg

ws5.jpg

ws1.jpg

390pony

Thanks! I just realized that I took the picture of the aft before they added a shark figure left of the name, so it looks really cool. They had another extra shark and gave it to me so I can put it on my truck.

390pony

Here's a new picture of my boat from last week. We now have both engines running great and new shift cables in it, so we don't get stuck floating in the middle of the marina like earlier this year. :brickwall:

ws_small.jpg

Sean

Verrrrry nice.
Boat, surroundings, companionship.... What else can one ask for?

390pony

No kidding! My friends are working on it now. We searched everywhere for a macerator switch and couldn't find one, but there may be something we've overlooked in the head.