Sea Ray 5.6 Seville

Chris E

Here are some pics of the family boat, a 1986 Sea Ray Seville, 3.0L Mercruiser that pushes it along to a whopping 35 mph. the boat was always boathouse stored until we got it a few years ago, but, its holding up well. just wish it had a v6.

HPIM0159.jpg

i threw some gauges i had lying around, also threw in a depth sounder so dad wouldn't hit any rocks. i also had a clarion warranty repair cd player that was kicking around:

HPIM0162.jpg

HPIM0281.jpg

HPIM0280.jpg

this is kind of a neat thing. we used to sell these at a marina i worked at. its called a stepboard, its made of starboard and it's purpose is to save the vinyl from stitch pulls and torn vinyl. they work very well

HPIM0163.jpg

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Nice boat. :)

I like the step idea.

If I ever get around to redoing the interior on the Check, I'll have to make myself one of those. :thumb:

Chris E

the step is easy, a place in toronto sells starboard - wharehoused plastic sales. i radiused the edges 2" then ran around the whole thing with a router to take the edges down - 15 minute job.

Chris E

That takes me back I used to have one similar. Great boats!

they were sea ray's budget boats, but i must say, it's holding together very well. i put a ton of hours on it last summer in the elusive search for the best ice cream in muskoka.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
they were sea ray's budget boats, but i must say, it's holding together very well. i put a ton of hours on it last summer in the elusive search for the best ice cream in muskoka.
Any updates on the Check? :)

-Chris

Chris E

Hey Chris:

no, i had no time last summer, got it as far as the garage and that was it - very frustrating, i see the floor everyday when i drive into the garage :(

hopefully this summer will be a bit quieter, but i have a feeling it will be another year before i can put any serious time into it - know i no how Gus feels!

i would like this done before the kids turn 16!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Chris:

no, i had no time last summer, got it as far as the garage and that was it - very frustrating, i see the floor everyday when i drive into the garage :(

hopefully this summer will be a bit quieter, but i have a feeling it will be another year before i can put any serious time into it - know i no how Gus feels!

i would like this done before the kids turn 16!
Maybe you'll get "the itch" come spring time. :)

-Chris