Some winter fun!

john lamon

I have been doing lots of quading with my son since we put the boats away in the fall and I think he's taken a liking to the snow, haha

We went on a 3 mile ride the other day and he did real good considering it was -10 C, I need to figure out how to install some hand warmers for him, the charging system on his quad is so small it wouldn't keep up, I may add a second battery on it somewhere, looking at that over xmas break, here's a short clip of him playing around, I think he likes the snow :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4zcHpAsHpY

nathan

that is still awesome John. Takes me back to when I was his age. the only difference was we were on 70 hp three wheelers in mud! good times good times

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Man....he's really good John!

It looks like fun! :thumb:

Are you guys allowed to ride sleds and ATV's in your area on some of the roads?

We used to ride our three wheelers around a bit on the back roads, now if you get a plate and insurance you can drive certain four wheelers around on the back roads legally.

-Chris

john lamon

Man....he's really good John!

It looks like fun! :thumb:

Are you guys allowed to ride sleds and ATV's in your area on some of the roads?

We used to ride our three wheelers around a bit on the back roads, now if you get a plate and insurance you can drive certain four wheelers around on the back roads legally.

-Chris

Thanks Chris, we have had a great time together doing this sport.

The street we live on is the very last one on the west side of Saskatoon so we can ride out of town from our house, technically I'm supposed to trailer one block out but nobody says anything since I clean all the side walks on our block with my snow plow and a bunch of neighbors driveways.

We can't plate ATV's here in Sask, only sleds get plates, technically its illegal to ride a quad on any road here but as long as your riding responsibly and have a helmet the police look the other way, we even have an agreement with the RCMP at our lake on quad use that as long as you behave it's fine, if your are driving like an idiot or have no helmet you will get a ticket, zero tolerance for helmets.

We were stopped once last summer by the RCMP and all he said was how do you like the Polaris, lol, chatted for about 10 mins and he went on his way.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Chris, we have had a great time together doing this sport.

The street we live on is the very last one on the west side of Saskatoon so we can ride out of town from our house, technically I'm supposed to trailer one block out but nobody says anything since I clean all the side walks on our block with my snow plow and a bunch of neighbors driveways.

We can't plate ATV's here in Sask, only sleds get plates, technically its illegal to ride a quad on any road here but as long as your riding responsibly and have a helmet the police look the other way, we even have an agreement with the RCMP at our lake on quad use that as long as you behave it's fine, if your are driving like an idiot or have no helmet you will get a ticket, zero tolerance for helmets.

We were stopped once last summer by the RCMP and all he said was how do you like the Polaris, lol, chatted for about 10 mins and he went on his way.
Yeah, before our township brought in rules to allow ATV's on some roads, the police mostly left riders alone as long as they were behaving and wearing helmets. I think technically, you were sorta covered if you had the slow moving vehicle sign on the back and obeyed certain rules.

Hopefully in time your township will be allowed to do something like ours did.

I think if I remember correctly, the Ontario government made the regulations for ATV riding up to each township to regulate and enforce. :thumb:

-Chris