Merc 30hp Steering Cable

neiljricho

Hi to all,I am having problems with the steering cable on my 30hp Merc.It has seized and i am having problems with its removal.Can anyone help.
Neiljricho

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums Neil - nice to have you with us. :)

What year is your motor?

And is this the style cable that goes through the tilt tube?

-Chris

neiljricho

Hi Chris thanks for your interest.My Motor is a 30hp lite manufactured by Tohatsu in Japan and sold in Australia.I have managed to "free" up the cable to about 90% travel however it will not pull through the tilt tube easily.I am contenplating using a hammer with a piece of hardwood to try and "help" it on its way.It is hard to lubricate and may nee dreplacing if i can remove it.
Regards neil.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chris thanks for your interest.My Motor is a 30hp lite manufactured by Tohatsu in Japan and sold in Australia.I have managed to "free" up the cable to about 90% travel however it will not pull through the tilt tube easily.I am contenplating using a hammer with a piece of hardwood to try and "help" it on its way.It is hard to lubricate and may nee dreplacing if i can remove it.
Regards neil.
Hi Neil,

We had a member with the same issue awhile back, below is a link to the thread. I'm not sure if your motor is the same, but perhaps the content in this thread will also help you in some way.

Let us know how you make out and what you end up doing to fix it. :)

http://forums.endlessboating.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276

-Chris