My FX4

Tablerocker

Here's some pics of my 2010 FX4. Let's keep this section going, I'd like to see what others are using to haul their pride and joy around! :)

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 6
  • boat and bakflip 011x.jpg
    boat and bakflip 011x.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 6

Sean

I can't post pictures but, I have a 2004 GMC Canyon crew cab Z71 5 cylinder 4x4 with 238,000 kms on it!

Tired ol' girl works great and still looks pretty sharp after a bath and with her summer boots on.

Tablerocker

I can't post pictures but, I have a 2004 GMC Canyon crew cab Z71 5 cylinder 4x4 with 238,000 kms on it!

Tired ol' girl works great and still looks pretty sharp after a bath and with her summer boots on.

Cool! I always liked those, a nice sporty truck. :thumb:

nathan

nice ford! I have a 2003 F250 crew cab with 5.4 v8 that my dad took over payment ( and from me lol). I have a 2004 Ram 1500 with a 4.7v8. it has been a great truck and my wife drives it most of the time. my daily driver right now is my dad's 1993 chevrolet 1500 regular cab step side. sold my other trucks to help buy a house.

dodge.jpg

204 Escape

I read today on a FORD forum to do the following to re-vitalize your throttle body response. it said that it has to be done every once in a while to keep it going.

1) Turn key to ON POSITION (DO NOT START)

2) Press gas pedal slowly to the floor (count to five from start to stop of pushing to the floor)

3) Let go of the gas pedal fast so that it comes back up

4) Turn key to off position. Repeat steps 1-4, 2 more times.

THEN start truck and drive it hard. It should make it more "snappy" taking off.

People swear it works. BUT, athey say it won't work on my 2002, BECAUSE it has a different throttle body set up.

Would be interesting to know if it works. Let us know. :bounce:

john lamon

Nice F-150, wish I had a truck still, bought a 97' F-150 new and just sold it a few years ago, tow mine around now with a 2010 Flex, I don't tow much with it because the boat stays at the lake so it does alright, at the lake I usually use my AWD vibe for loading, it does better than the 2wd Flex on the ramp.

My Dad has a 2011 ecoboost F-150, I went to WI with it to pick up His Checkmate last spring, tows like a dream.

Attachments

• flex.jpg
    flex.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 3
  • vibe1.jpg
    vibe1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 523908_10150692859522060_1149790780_n.jpg
    523908_10150692859522060_1149790780_n.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 4

Sean

Thanks Chris,

I don't host my photos on a site...
ditrect download or, nuthin'.

Tablerocker

I read today on a FORD forum to do the following to re-vitalize your throttle body response. it said that it has to be done every once in a while to keep it going.

1) Turn key to ON POSITION (DO NOT START)

2) Press gas pedal slowly to the floor (count to five from start to stop of pushing to the floor)

3) Let go of the gas pedal fast so that it comes back up

4) Turn key to off position. Repeat steps 1-4, 2 more times.

THEN start truck and drive it hard. It should make it more "snappy" taking off.

People swear it works. BUT, athey say it won't work on my 2002, BECAUSE it has a different throttle body set up.

Would be interesting to know if it works. Let us know. :bounce:

I'm not sure if your 2002 has the 'fly-by-wire' throttle or not? Where there is no linkage to the throttle body but rather an electronic actuator...?
There ARE a lot of these helpful tips around the 'Net, for sure. I just don't know about this one. I know that my truck "learns" how you drive and adjusts shift points, etc based on this. I always drive like I stole it, for the most part...lol! So it has a very snappy response.

My favorite 'Net tip was how to turn off the seat belt chime. Don't get me wrong, I always use my seatbelt on the highways but I live in a little town of about 1000 people with dirt streets and no stop lights (seriously), where you can drive for 5 minutes and maybe, MAYBE see another car...so I don't wear my seatbelt to go get the mail (no home delivery) or go to the store, you know?