Old Baja brochure wanted

tryinlinux

Hello all, I have recently purchased a Baja 16SS to bomb around the water with. It is a fun little boat, and I would like to find more info on it if possible. It needs a little TLC, and I want to bring it back to new condition.A brochure with some specs of ANY kind, especially with a picture brochure would be of great help! Does anyone know where such a thing would be archived?

Thanks for any help you can give
Jim

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Let me check into things and see what we can find.

I'm not sure what Baja had back in '83. I would imagine if they put out anything, it would most likely be a catalogue showing all, or most of their models in one big brochure.

We've got a few members and friends that are Baja fans, so maybe we can see if we can dig up a '83 brochure (if it exists) and get you a scan of the 16SS.

As for finding a brochure for yourself, I would just keep an eye on eBay for one. Or, if you go to flea markets or boat shows and boat events, you might find one there. I like to collect old marine brochures myself and I've found lots in both places. I scan many of them and put them up in our photo-gallery, if you haven't checked it out yet, you might want to have a look. I'm always scanning and adding to it as well, usually a page or two from one brochure or another, so you might want to keep an eye out for new stuff. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
You're welcome.

Let us know how you make out. :)

Maybe if you get something good, you can upload it to the gallery. ;)

-Chris

tryinlinux

Baja Brochure

Well, I went to the Baja sit and signed up, and was only able to get 1 small picture, and no specs for the boat. I'll keep looking. So far nothing has come up on e-bay. The search continues.
Jim

Cooperider

Here's the best one I could find. Same pic as the brocure I have at home. I bought one of these back in the late 80's sept' it was blue and silver. I still have the hull, but the deck I used for another boat.

Baja16ss%20copy.jpg