31 Express

My Wellcraft

Hello I am Mike and new just today. I was just authorized. So now what? I am about to start a new big adventure with my older 31 ft.Wellcraft. Any advice for a guy new to twin inboards?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hello I am Mike and new just today. I was just authorized. So now what? I am about to start a new big adventure with my older 31 ft.Wellcraft. Any advice for a guy new to twin inboards?
Welcome aboard Mike. :)

Nice to have you with us. :thumb:

What's the adventure? Doing work on your boat, or going on a trip.

-Chris

Dale

Welcome aboard Mike. :cheers:

31' sounds like an adventure alright. Do you have any pictures of her?

My Wellcraft

I have pictures but havent figured out how to post them yet. She is a work in progress and now all re powered up ready for some fun. I have done a lot of upgrading along with the re powering just have a few bugs to work out. The boat was a repo and has been a lot of work to this point. I have semi converted it into a pleasure cruiser / fishing rig My passion is salt water salmon fishing here in the great north west thanks for the welcome! MW

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have pictures but havent figured out how to post them yet. She is a work in progress and now all re powered up ready for some fun. I have done a lot of upgrading along with the re powering just have a few bugs to work out. The boat was a repo and has been a lot of work to this point. I have semi converted it into a pleasure cruiser / fishing rig My passion is salt water salmon fishing here in the great north west thanks for the welcome! MW
Load your pics up into the gallery in the Wellcraft category and then link them to the board. :)

-Chris

RNC

Good luck with double trouble. I have just went that way myself :D. What engines are you running

My Wellcraft

My Wellcraft re power

Fresh 350 ci Mercruiser long blocks carberated with Holley double pumpers just installed with less than 8 hours on each so far.

RNC

I just bought a Carver with twin 4.3's at a bargin with only 347 hours on it. It has one bad engine. Not bad the 4.3 is the 220 horse version

My Wellcraft

MY WELLCRAFT

"Nice" I was just out today checking my power cord connection at the marina power sorce. Sometimes other boaters accidenty pull mine out while plugging in theirs. I have some electric heat going in my engine room as a little extra protection aginst the freezing weather we are having. The plug was in and all is well. Anyway while my wife and I were out today we cruised the lanes checking out other peoples boats mostly the Carvers we both agree if we were to get another boat it would be another wellcraft or a Carver we love the style and lines of them and would like to test one out someday just for kicks.What year and model of carver do you have? By the way by the looks of your avatar it looks like you might be a gear head. I also have an interest in go fast cars I have a authentic 66 GTO sitting in my shop awaiting its turn for a restoration. Last years project was a 63 Chevy II Nova 2 dr. hard top. I droped a 350 in it and made a few bucks from a guy that drove up from Oregan to look at her. It sold in less than 6 minutes 9,000 bucks must have been too cheap. Any Idea what a decent 66 Goat might be worth? It still has the factory tri power. Sorry so long winded. MW

RNC

I turn a few wrenches from time to time its more of a hobby. I like to buy and sell more than anything now.

The last total pile of crap 66 gto I sold brought 2500. This thing was a disaster. Crashed front clip, total rotted quarters, trunk and floor were also rotted only a fool would have tried to fix it. But the good thing was it was all original 389, single four barrel, 4spd, posi rear, rally dash, buckets, and a build sheet. also it was sitting for over 20 years with no title.

I believe I could have got more but it sold in 1 day and I gave 500 for it. Send me pics of the car and I can give you a ball park price. Their is a guy on boatfreaks selling his 66 for 50 grand with original paint with only 36000 original miles on it. But it has a 400 in it and that's not original. And in my opinion thats way over priced in dream land.

The boat is a 90 model 29 foot