New "Baby Boomers"

SeniorBoaters

Wife and I are in our late 60's, currently living in northeastern Florida, but making serious plans on moving back to Colorado in a year or so. Lived south of Denver in both Englewood and Parker for total of 5 1/2 years. We met in Southern California in early 2000. When/if we return to Colorado, this time it will be in Loveland area.

In Colorado we had a 1989 Invader Bowrider I/O, with a small 4-banger engine. Done trout fishing and "beached" the boat on Chatfield Reservoir and done a little cruising on Cherry Creek Reservoir. Had a lot of fun weekends back then.
When we left Colorado, consigned the boat back to the Dealer and it was sold.

Now, since April 2009, have had a 1992 Celebrity 200 Cuddy with Mercruiser 5.7L I/O 350. Have had to have numerous repairs on it. New block, new transom assy., part of a new fiberglass transom, new manifolds/risers, new dual battery setup with new batteries, new trim pump/trim gauge and a few other things replaced. Last thing was all old gas taken out and new fuel/water separator filter installed. Next is a new cockpit cover. Have had some fun times on this boat, but not nearly as much as with the Bowrider in Colorado.

Have found out that we like freshwater fishing/boating much better than the "brackish" and saltwater here. Had, but never used, all new saltwater fishing rods/reels/tackle, but sold/gave away all of it.

Past boating experience:
Me......high school summer weekends visiting my cousins and going with them, and their dad, on their ski boat. Spent some years in the U.S. Navy during Nam.
Wife......family had a lake cottage on a lake in southern Michigan. Had a ski boat and small "John" boat.
Then, of course, our own two boats.

Actually, wife and I have learned a tremendous amount about this boat since owning it.