My Sea Ray sundancer

devonshire

This is my 1986 sundancer 270 w/
twin mercruiser 170 I/O's, all new upholstery in 09,
complete engine major in '05, GPS, 2 fishfinders, VHF,
waypointer, Ray Jeff detectors full galley sleeps 4 comfortably...and it's bought and paid for...which is the best part. Cruise around 25-28knots top is about 35.
This is a solid sea boat and is a keeper.

Devonshire

john lamon

Nice boat, I had a smaller 1989 Sea Ray 180 BR with 135 merc, it sure beat out anything else that old as far as quality and fit and finish goes, even had factory hydraulic steering.:thumb:

devonshire

They don't build 'em like they used to.

John,

I had read an article a few years ago about folks who "shop" around to find older sea rays. Mine was a one owner and was always maintained. I am hoping to get something bigger in a couple years, so we can cruise for
a week or two at at time....nothing beats it.

regards,
Bob/aka/devonshire

devonshire

Hey Chris,

Did you check out the link to Casco Bay Boat blog, it has tons of
boater info on it including stuff like Coast Guard "rules of the"
road & tons of maritime info. You can even track a ship anywhere in the world. Thought folks would like it.

devonshire

Chris E

my seville is an 86, great boat - rides awesome, good on gas, and looking at it's condition, you'd never think it was 24 years old.

sea ray has always built a good boat, i worked for a dealer for a few years, and have been to the tellico, riverview and knoxville plants - very cool.

devonshire

Hi Chris E

You would never know my boat is an 86. The thing is bristol.
Iv'e been kicking around boats for a few years and Ive always liked SEA RAY. I met the founder of Sea Ray at my son's graduation from boatbuilding school in Kennebunkport, Maine.
The guy is committed to quality. Apparently he started another boat company after he sold to Brunswick. Although I can't recall
the name.

Chris E

My boss at the time, knew Connie Ray very well - he was quite a guy from what i understand and took very good care of his employees. the dealership was one of the first sea ray dealerships in Canada.