1960 crosby

Will Switzer

Here is my 1960 Crosby with a 1960 Merc-400 45 hp . This boat was purchased by my grand father used in 1980 and he never used it . It just set behind his cottage in northern Michigan for 20 plus years . He had passed away in 2003 and for the 1st time in my life I had seen under the cover . My dad had only seen it one time himself and it was the day Grandpa bought it . So we cleaned it up and got the 2ft of water that was in it out . The seats were shot . Carpet was completely gone rotten away . I took the battery out of my truck and hooked up a Merc gas tank and to our suprise fired right up . The impeller was shot but was expected after sitting over 20 yrs . We had kind of a hard time getting it registerd because the last time it was registerd everything was hand written lol. So everything had to be done from scratch .... Here she is freshend up after 20 yrs of sitting

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

john lamon

Cool old boat Will, my dad had something like that the first few years I was around, I can't remember the brand but it was the same color and had a 40 on it.

Will Switzer

Cool old boat Will, my dad had something like that the first few years I was around, I can't remember the brand but it was the same color and had a 40 on it.

I still have it too. I havent started it in a few years since I had my Trimate But I started it up this past summer and and let run for a hr than fogged it back down . I used the recoil rope this time 2nd pull and it started I couldnt believe it . Its a great old motor and still has the lead seal in place . She doesnt ride the best kinda feels like driving down a old wash board road but its cool a piece of nautical history and my grandfathers so I think Ill hold on to it ... even tho it never gets used

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of those type of boats floating around up here were Humbers. My Grandparents had two of them. First a brown one and then a white one.

I remember when I was a kid, there were tons of them on our lake and almost all of them had 33's or 40's on them.

Will- You guys did a great job fixing that one up it looks great. :thumb:

Those old Mercs run smooth as silk. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I created a Crosby category in the photo gallery.

If you could up load some of your pics there, that would be great. :)

Hopefully some other fellow Crosby owners will stumble upon them at some point and add some of their pics as well. :thumb:

-Chris

triumphguy

Cool boat. I'd send a pic of mine but it looks just like yours. Same color and all. The only thing I don't have is the hood scoop. I'm not sure just what model mine is but I think she's a Fish & Ski Deluxe. Any info on yours. By the way mine is a 17 footer I didn't notice what yours is.

Will Switzer

Cool boat. I'd send a pic of mine but it looks just like yours. Same color and all. The only thing I don't have is the hood scoop. I'm not sure just what model mine is but I think she's a Fish & Ski Deluxe. Any info on yours. By the way mine is a 17 footer I didn't notice what yours is.

Mine is a 15 ft and I dont recall what model it was . I have to pull the info back up on it . I have all the stuff from the motor when purchased new and the boat somewhere .

dwalden

Hi Will. We have this same boat with a 62 evinrude. What Crosby model do you believe this is? Do you know the value?

thanks a bunch. -dw

Will Switzer

Hi Will. We have this same boat with a 62 evinrude. What Crosby model do you believe this is? Do you know the value?

thanks a bunch. -dw

I really have no clue what the value is . I wouldnt think very much . I dont even recall what model the boat is . I havent had it in the water in some time now . I have 3 Checkmates and I water ski so my Trimate II gets the most use .

dwalden

Crosby I.D. and value

Anyone out there able to identify Will's Crosby model and maybe provide a ballpark value estimate? How about a resource? Thank you