New truck tires

Sean

I'm sure it's Coopers policy not to pay for mounting, balancing and stems.... however, it IS up to the dealers discretion. With all the purchases you've made, and the issues with this set of tires; they should have come good for at least that.

As bad as a worn tie rod is (or it's loose replacement)...when was that work done in relation to the tire installation? If this truly is the culpret of your irregular wear then the tires are not at fault and you got a replacement set at one helluva deal. If this is just a subsequent "issue" that was found and not the cause of your irregular wear you still have a problem.

What did the wear look like? A good REP should be able to "read" your tires and narrow down the potential causes of the irregular wear from the patterns.

I hope it was just the tie rod but, I would still keep an eye on this.....

204 Escape

Well, because of the "problems" that I have had with the tires, I went ahead, and spent money out of my pocket, BEFORE I had this last set of tires put on.

I believe in preventative maintanence.

I had ALL of the front end work performed at a FORD dealership, that I have used for years, AND that I trust.

I even have the computer printouts of the alignment(s). {I've had 4 alignments, and one time they rechecked it. EACH time, i've gotten a clean bill of health on all parts !!!! NEVER once was I told there was a front end parts problem !!! Had I have been told there was a problem, it WOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED !!!!

The tire dealership that I bought these tires, (and several other sets from). I would NOT let do any "back room work". The ONLY reason to purchase tires from them was the prices tha I got.

HOWEVER, when I took the truck in there this last Saturday, I never left the shop.

They never touched a wrench to it. The guy called me over there, and said you have to see this!!!! The 2 nuts were loose as a goose !!!!!!!!

The tires were mounted, balanced etc., and I went directly to the FORD dealership.

I was "firm, but respectful" when I presented my case. The service writer, had them put the truck up on the alignment rack immediately. The problem was seen, and noted.

A new alignment was done. The guy that performed the work got his *&% chewed big time !!! I was re-imbursed for the alignment, and also some other work that was performed by this guy.

The owner of the FORD shop came and talked to me, and he "assured me" that the problem had been handled, and that it wouldn't happen again.

Time will tell.

Honestly, if I would have had any clue that there was ANY problem with the front end of the truck............ it would have been fixed right then and there.

Ball joints, A-arms, tie rod ends, steering box were the parts that were replaced.

I love this truck, and have NO INTENTIONS of replacing it.

I try hard to keep my vehicles up in shape. Is it expensive. YES !!! But, cheaper than a new truck !!!!!!

SORRY for the long post.