Bought a car............................

204 Escape

I bought a 1995 FORD Thunderbird 40th Anniversary Edition. It has a paint called Misty Rose. (It changes colors as you walk around it). It has 28,501 actual miles on it.

IMHO, it's a beautiful car. (I should be able to get it picked up this week/weekend).

I may ask that someone here be kind enough to post some pics of it if they don't mind.

My question is this.

It has been stored in a climate controlled environment for months. It smells to me like they used moth balls in it. (My nose is kinda messed up, I'm NOT always right). HOW, do you get rid of the moth ball smell ?? :brickwall:

Thanx !!!!

nathan

air it out and use air fresheners. you can shampoo the carpets and if the seats are cloth you can shampoo them too. it will take some time but you can work it out.

Sean

A red T-Bird!!!
Awesome. I'd be tempted to put a big white 9 on the door with some "Coors" graphics and head for Dawsonville!

204 Escape

Got my money together tonight, go and get the car tomorrow night. Am really excited about it.

I haven't owned a "car' in quite a while !!!!! :bounce:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few pics of 204's T-Bird. :)

204-32.jpg

204 Escape

Than you for posting these for me!! :thumb:

I keep saying that I will learn how, but seems everytime I sit down to learn, I lose patience.

I thought that the car was a "deal". I've always loved T-Birds.

The color is un-usual, and I couldn't beat the # of miles.

AGAIN, thanx for posting these !!!!

204 Escape

Thanx !!! My wife says I am obsessed with the car. I even named it ! LOL

It's name is: "Baby Bird"

Kinda dumb, I suppose, but, ................ :thumb:

204 Escape

The car now has:

VIPER remote start/keyless
New stereo
New speakers
Tinted windows, + windshield strip
New battery
Fresh oil change/filter, and new belt
Rear mud flapsT-Bird emblem on front windshield

AND about 3 more polishes

204 Escape

Yeah. I like to clean them up, it relaxes me, AND I can see progress in front of my eyes.

BUT this car was clean when I got it !!!! Even the engine was clean. So, there is basically nothing for me to do to it except wash, and polish it.

Today, there is sleet on the ground, so it won't get drove until it goes away, and dries up.

I guess, I will go out today, and cover it up.