2008 Toronto International Boat Show Coverage

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
This little guy was good enough to pose for Yolanda. :)

I asked Yolie to take a shot of the name on the front of the boat in case we wanted to pick one up for the cottage. As Yolanda was trying to get a shot this little guy noticed her trying to snap a pic so he paddled over. :thumb:

I found this site using Google.

http://www.powerpaddler.ca/en/powerpaddler.html

I wonder what they cost?

They'd be great for my buddies kids when they come up to visit at the cottage. :)

sawcat

Chris & Yolie Thanks for the show. What a show it must have been.Judging by the pictures it looked huge.
I went to the Pavillion in Va Beach last year and it was cool but I believe
yours is much larger.If you were there for 5 hours and missed stuff it was.

Thanks again for sharing and taking the time to do so :bigthumb::bigthumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks sawcat.

It was fun actually.

A nice reprieve from the boredom of winter and NO BOATS! :yell: :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Was that an Avenger with the big E-Tec on the back? :bounce:
Yeah Coop.

There's a guy up here around Toronto - Roy F. Lewis - that sells them.

He's located in a town called Stouffville.

He also sells Sleekcrafts and a few other brands.

Here's a few pics of his booth.

john lamon

Yeah Coop.

There's a guy up here around Toronto - Roy F. Lewis - that sells them.

He's located in a town called Stouffville.

He also sells Sleekcrafts and a few other brands.

Here's a few pics of his booth.

That's cool, I didn't know they still made boat's, my Avenger was the best handling high speed boat I ever had, no offence to the Checkmate but it doesn't stand a chance in the handling department when on the pad, the CM corners way better though, you can see in your pic of the one with the e-tec from the back how wide the pad is, I had a 140 on mine for a few weeks that I took off my CVX 16 and it was pretty slow, they don't have alot of bow lift but there perfect if you hang a big 3.0 litre off the back with 4 inch's setback, I would love to find another one...

Mine was a 1978 17 foot that I bought at a pawn shop for $800.00 then rigged it with a 95' 200 venom, 81-82 mph and never chine walked ever. the steering did break once and I barrel rolled it at about 78 mph but that wasn't the boat's fault, I've always said if I could by a brand new one I would....hmmmmmmm.

Chris do you know where they are made, I know mine was made in Lynwood,CA by cee bee but I thought they wern't making them anymore, maybe they sold the molds?

Attachments

• P1010107.jpg
    P1010107.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010140.jpg
    P1010140.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010143.jpg
    P1010143.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

john lamon

and more....

Attachments

• P1010131.jpg
    P1010131.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010137.jpg
    P1010137.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010146.jpg
    P1010146.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1

john lamon

PS by the way you just don't find boats like this in sask anymore, everyone wants a big wakeboard or pontoon boat :shakehead:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John,

There is a guy up here in my neck of the woods who was selling them for a number of years. His shop is more or less out in the sticks in the Stouffville/Uxbridge area here in Ontario. I've been to his place a few times although not recently.

One of the times I was there he had a Checkmate for sale, but I didn't end up buying it.

I'm pretty sure he'll be at the 2010 Toronto Boat Show, so I'll see if I can pass by his booth and see if I can find anything out for you.

Also, I'll set up a gallery category and discussion forum for Avenger's. Perhaps, you would be kind enough to upload some pics to the gallery and then we'll create a thread in the Avenger forum where you can post them?

If that's cool, let me know and I'll set up the gallery category and forum for you. Hopefully that way, someone will stumble on your thread and perhaps we'll get some more info and pics collected. :)

-Chris

john lamon

Hi John,

There is a guy up here in my neck of the woods who was selling them for a number of years. His shop is more or less out in the sticks in the Stouffville/Uxbridge area here in Ontario. I've been to his place a few times although not recently.

One of the times I was there he had a Checkmate for sale, but I didn't end up buying it.

I'm pretty sure he'll be at the 2010 Toronto Boat Show, so I'll see if I can pass by his booth and see if I can find anything out for you.

Also, I'll set up a gallery category and discussion forum for Avenger's. Perhaps, you would be kind enough to upload some pics to the gallery and then we'll create a thread in the Avenger forum where you can post them?

If that's cool, let me know and I'll set up the gallery category and forum for you. Hopefully that way, someone will stumble on your thread and perhaps we'll get some more info and pics collected. :)

-Chris

Thanks Chris

I would appreciate it if you set that up, I would post my pics there and probably be able to answer most ?'s people might have about the setup on that hull as I had it for 7 years and tried lot's of different stuff to get it right. Are those boat's very popular where you are? Mine is the only one I've ever seen in person, I like the look of the new one in your pic, it looks like the hull is the same but the deck is a little different. I'd like to eventually upgrade to a bigger Checkmate for taking the family on and have a newer Avenger for my speed machine.

Thanks again, John

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Chris

I would appreciate it if you set that up, I would post my pics there and probably be able to answer most ?'s people might have about the setup on that hull as I had it for 7 years and tried lot's of different stuff to get it right. Are those boat's very popular where you are? Mine is the only one I've ever seen in person, I like the look of the new one in your pic, it looks like the hull is the same but the deck is a little different. I'd like to eventually upgrade to a bigger Checkmate for taking the family on and have a newer Avenger for my speed machine.

Thanks again, John
Hi John,

I wouldn't say they're popular, but there's definitely some around - I think mostly because Roy Lewis was advertising them in the Boat Trader for a number of years. As I recall, he used to advertise the Avenger's along side Sleekcrafts.

I've got the Avenger gallery category and Avenger forum all set up for you. So any time you're ready to kick them off, go for it and enjoy. :)

-Chris