Boat Manufacturer?

Cooperider

Activator, Active Thunder, American Offshore, Apache, Awesome, Banana Boat, Baja"by Fountain", Black Thunder, Checkmate, Cigarette, Concept, Donzi, Dragon, Formula, Fountain, HTM, Hustler, Joker, Laveycraft, Magnum, Midnight Express, Motion, MTI, Nordic, Nortech, Ocean Express, Outerlimits, Pantera, Skater, Sonic, Sunsation, Velocity, Warlock.

Just to name a few.

notsoqik

Activator, Active Thunder, American Offshore, Apache, Awesome, Banana Boat, Baja"by Fountain", Black Thunder, Checkmate, Cigarette, Concept, Donzi, Dragon, Formula, Fountain, HTM, Hustler, Joker, Laveycraft, Magnum, Midnight Express, Motion, MTI, Nordic, Nortech, Ocean Express, Outerlimits, Pantera, Skater, Sonic, Sunsation, Velocity, Warlock.

Just to name a few.
I realize these are boat manufacturers. But I have a "Offshore" boat. Name is written on the boat. That is the brand. I wanted to know who manufactures that brand of boat. Thanks

Cooperider

See if you can find anything under that name by searching the MIC database on www.uscgboating.org You should be able to search by name, MIC code, state. It might take some time, but when you say "offshore" thats like asking who makes "Asperin" (Bayer does BTW). "Offshore" is pretty much a description, and not really a brand name at this point. Although it probably was a "brand" at one time.

Thats why "Cigarette" is going to so much trouble, by using adds and things to say that "Cigarette" is the name of thier boat, not "every" boat that looks like it.

Good luck finding what your looking for. And welcome to the site. :thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our site. :)

Is there a capacity plate somewhere on the boat? If so, check and see if there is a manufacturer's name on it.

-Chris

ynnad

Notsoqik

You can usually check the hull number on the stern of the boat. The first few letters of that number will be the manufacturer...

for instance CHK is the prefix for Checkmate boats...

Dan

Fun Times

This sounds familiar but I am hitting a brick wall with this one for some reason

:brickwall:
does anybody know who manufactures "Offshore" brand boats now?
Hi, What year and what size is your boat. Back in the 90s there was a boat manufacture here in CA I believe called "Offshore" And we had a Offshore performance also. I do not think they sold many of them thou.