1984 cimmaron

tweeter

i have a 1984 cimmaron i/o 3.8 ltr omc 18 ft the prop is 14 1/2 -19 it's a little slow out of the hole pulling a tube the max rpm i get is 4400 rpm im new to boating so any info would be great thanks :sssh:

Fun Times

i have a 1984 cimmaron i/o 3.8 ltr omc 18 ft the prop is 14 1/2 -19 it's a little slow out of the hole pulling a tube the max rpm i get is 4400 rpm im new to boating so any info would be great thanks :sssh:
Because this boat is new to you, Have you tried bringing the trim up while on plane, Because if you did not then you might be just plowing through the water and not actually lifting the bow up to air out the bottom of the boat. And that would keep the rpms down on the engine, Your speed would be low too. Because normaly if every thing was right with the boat, engine, drive, Most boat's with in your style of boat would normaly run ok within the prop size you have, But also at the same time not all boats run the same props do to gear size in the drive ect, There might be a sticker some place on the engine that mght tell you what the max rpms should run at. Also keep in mind there is a small chance the engine is not running 100% right and keeping your rpms low.