Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some pictures from the October 18th weekend.

We went for a boat ride and then took out our big floating dock.

Sheeba is enjoying the boat ride. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few more. :)

Most of the leaves are gone now, so you know it's just about the end of the season. :(

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
One more for the road. :)

Now it's time to take out the big floating dock out. Sheeba says "say it aint so"! :yell: :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member

Time to winch up the ramp using my highly engineered pulley system. :D

Here I'm putting on an additional cable, just in case. :thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I've been a little delinquent in updating my 2008 cottage thread. So I figured it was time to close out my thread for the year. We closed up the cottage in mid November and we were chased on by a snow-storm. So we had to rush to pack up everything and call it another year.

Closing up the cottage is always a sad emotional kinda thing - for me at least. I always think back to all the things we did during the year. I also think back to years past and the good times we've had and the people that are no longer with us.

But thankfully, another season is only 3 or 4 months off, so God willing we'll do it all over again. :)

Anyhoo, here's a few pictures of the day we left and if you look, you'll see a bunch of big wet snow falling. The pictures don't actually do this day justice, it poured almost all day and then it started cooling off later. So everything started to freeze up and then it started to snow like mad. On the way home it was almost blizzard like conditions with a number of people spun off the road and into ditches. Anyhoo, here's the last couple of pictures for this year and come March or April, we'll hopefully get a chance to do it all over again. :)

-Chris

kando

Great shots Chris, the area looks pretty similar to that around Lake Simcoe, tell me, are there any fish in that lake? There are nothing but Pike, Cat-Fish and large yabbies (fresh water Cray Fish) in Simcoe but the yabbies can not be eaten.

Good job mate,

Bill from Aus'...kando

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi kando,

We've got Northern Pike, Walleye Pickerel, Small Mouth Bass and a bunch of pan fish like perch, rock bass, catfish etc.

-Chris