Trent-severn waterway info?

Wet-Willy

I'm considering taking my family for a few day boating trip this summer,but I'd like to know more.

Is it worth the cost?

How hard is it to get camping spots and dockspace?

Could my 16' Sidewinder do the job?

I've hunted the net,but can't find anything to really help plan a trip like this,so any advice would be helpful.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi WW,

Does this site help at all?

http://thewaterway.ca/

There are so many lakes involved that it's hard to say if your 'Winder would be adequate. The answer would probably depend on which part of the Trent you're going to travel and probably more dependant on the weather. Some of the lakes don't whip up too much, but some others like Simcoe can get pretty rough depending on the weather that day.

-Chris

Wet-Willy

I'm thinking of starting around Port Severn,off hwy 400,and spending a few days touring around.

Chris.I did see that site and found a lot of good info on the waterway itself,but nothing on how to properly plan for such a trip.What to bring,tips for getting dockage,and so on.

I'm hoping someone around here has traveled the area and will share their experience so I can make it as much fun as possible for the wife and kids and least problematic for me.(I get my fun driving the boat)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking of starting around Port Severn,off hwy 400,and spending a few days touring around.

Chris.I did see that site and found a lot of good info on the waterway itself,but nothing on how to properly plan for such a trip.What to bring,tips for getting dockage,and so on.

I'm hoping someone around here has traveled the area and will share their experience so I can make it as much fun as possible for the wife and kids and least problematic for me.(I get my fun driving the boat)
Cool. Hopefully some others who have toured it will chime in. If you go, I hope you'll share some pics from your trip. :thumb:

-Chris

Wet-Willy

You can count on getting some pics.That's half the fun after all.

I just hope it pans out!Been looking to take Winder on a good long run for a while.This may be the perfect run.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure there must be a lot of spots you can just pull up to for gas, food etc.

I would imagine a decent GPS would probably be a big help as well. :)

-Chris