G'day from another downunder boatie

kando

G'day mates,

I'm a retired seaman and have loved the sea and boating all my life, my life as a deep sea engineer took me all around the world and a few years back, after retirement, I built a 40" Waram, Captain Cook but due to ill health in my family I ended-up having to sell it before I got to use it. Perhaps that's just as well as my wife dose not like the sea or waters in general. Since then I've had a couple of 18" fishing boats, love my fishing, and I'm now thinking about buying another boat, something I can fish, camp and sleep aboard, there's a beautiful old 1980 Sea Ray with the following specs that I would love to buy :drool::

Type: Cruiser (power) Engine type: Twin Inboards. Use: Salt water
Length: 30.0 feet. Engine make: Mercury. Primary fuel type: Gas
Beam: 12.0 feet. Engine model: 454 BIG BLOCK. Fuel capacity: 101-150 gallons.

But she's in the States, NJ, and I'm in Australia, anyone know how I could get it accross the States, East Coast to West Coast, (is there a river system East to West Coast?) then accross the big pond (the Pacific) at a reasonable price?
You bods in the States are lucky you can find such boats at such great prices, if I lived in the States, I would buy her quick-smart and happly live aboard her the rest of my days :) Our Aussies boat brokers start talking in phone numbers when we even "think" of discussing prices for such boats!
Oh well, perhaps I'll win the lottery, I'll need to if I want to buy a boat like that in Australia! :( Half your luck yanks :)

Bill...kando
From Australia

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard kando and thanks for joining up. :thumb:

We seem to be building a little community of Australians. :)

-Chris