Pics if the new family sedan

john lamon

Finally got rid of the Checkmate and got a family boat, the kids are loving it, we ordered it July 4th and it finally came Tuesday, so far I've seen 50.6 mph GPS, not bad for a wash tub!

We also got the extended warranty so we are covered for 7 full years! Nice peace of mind.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I miss my Eluder Chris, especially sence I see it every time I'm on the lake just about, he let me take it for a spin a few weeks ago and that was great!
Maybe you can pick up a cheap one as a toy.

A nice Playmate might be easy to justify and explain....as in a Checkmate Playmate. :D

-Chris

MikDee

Beautiful Boat! No description, I'm guessing it's a Hurricane deckboat, about 23'? With a 200hp Merc. Good Luck with it!
Mike

nathan

it's a hurricane sport deck 203 O/B with a 200 Yamaha SHO

above is the what the boat is. John should be along to answer any other questions. this came for johns original post on checkmate.

john lamon

Yes it's a hurricane sport deck 203, it's 20'9" long, I originally ordered it with a 200 Yamaha SHO just to try something different but then found out I couldn't get the Yamaha SHO in a 25" shaft, so I went with the 200 optimax Merc, I found a prop that works better now, a 20p 3 blade Enertia, 52.7 gps with a full tank of fuel and still 47 with 6 people, comes out of the hole very good as well with that prop.

john lamon

Yes it's a hurricane sport deck 203, it's 20'9" long, I originally ordered it with a 200 Yamaha SHO just to try something different but then found out I couldn't get the Yamaha SHO in a 25" shaft, so I went with the 200 optimax Merc, I found a prop that works better now, a 20p 3 blade Enertia, 52.7 gps with a full tank of fuel and still 47 with 6 people, comes out of the hole very good as well with that prop.

Also because the boat was made after July 1st it's a 2015 which is a bonus, next year it will still be new, lol

MikDee

It actually looks bigger then 20'.9" But it seems like the Ideal boat, & motor combo!
Wow, 52.7mph!, and it's probably not fully broke in yet. The Enertia is a great new design prop as well. Try some Turtle wax "ICE" on the bottom, I use it on all my vehicles because it never leaves water spots, the rain just sheets off, it seems to repel water.

I had an older 20' SeaRay bowrider with a 228hp/305 Merc. with synthetic oil, thru hull exhaust, & an unpainted bottom that I coaxed to 50mph max fully trimmed out. Didn't know about "ICE" back then, and I'm sure my boat was a bit heavier then yours, but that was still boogeying!

Best of luck with that new beauty of a boat! ;)