Current tubing tow-pig:

JW

Super Moderator
2002 Four Winns Horizon 170 OB with 115 Yamahammer! Very rare boat. Four Winns bought some Yamahas when OMC went out of business. GREAT motor.

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 17

JW

Super Moderator
More pix

Love the water!

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 8

JW

Super Moderator
I'm extremely happy with this boat for tubing/family use. All composit, no worries ever about wood rot. It's only 17' long but very wide, I've had 9 people (adults and kids) inside comfortably. Keeping this boat for tow duty while looking for another 2000 or 2100 Checkmate for speed......

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 6

JW

Super Moderator
Thanks John! I've only owned two Four Winns so far. The first one was a 2003 Freedom 180 (which was really a 19' boat) that sported a Johnson 150 carb 2.6 liter V6, and this 2002 setup. That 150 Johnson could push that Freedom 180 to only 49 mph GPS. The current Four Winns runs 45 mph GPS and burns less gas :surf:

john lamon

I've always liked the yamaha's, I have a 85' 25 hp on my fishing boat that my dad and grandpa bought me when I was 7 and it has always worked great.

Don't tell anyone over on the Checkmate site I'm thinking of selling my Eluder, lol

I've got an opportunity to get a 2006 22' Princecraft deckboat with a 175 merc verado, I know the owner and he is planing on trading it in next spring for a new one, he told me he would find out what the dealer would give him for it and then sell it to me for that price so I should be able to get it on the low side

My wife and I went out with him on it a few weeks ago and she LOVES it, it also comes with a full enclosure for those cold day's, it would be better for tubing and that kind of stuff I would think.

You seem to have experience with most brands, what do you think of those?

Thanks, John

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good JW!

Thanks for sharing. :)

You should load some of those up and into the Four-Winns section of the photo-gallery. :thumb:

-Chris

JW

Super Moderator
I didn't know there was a Four Winns section in the gallery :rof:

John, sounds like a nice family barge you're looking at there! IF you're like me though, you'll miss the Checkmate ride and speed.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know there was a Four Winns section in the gallery :rof:

John, sounds like a nice family barge you're looking at there! IF you're like me though, you'll miss the Checkmate ride and speed.
Indeed there is.

We aim to please! :D

-Chris