1969 Checkmate V-141 Restoration

Will Switzer

I bought this boat just before I had bought my V-Mate I . I was going to rebuild it but I like the other boat better and rebuilt that instead . But the V-mate I is just about finished and I do still have this boat so I guess its time to rebuild it . Im going to try and bring it back home this weekend since I am going up to the lake to take the lifts and dock and pontoon out for the winter . I would like to atleast get the floor cut out so I know what I am working with .... I am going to remove the 80 Hp Merc and hang this 100 Hp Shorty on it ...

Will Switzer

The 80 hp Merc runs fantastic and has very good compression . But I like the cool factor of the inline six 100 hp Shorty . Plus the extra 20 hp . Now im going to need to find another good set of Checkmate trim tabs ....

Its going to be nice to see all 3 of my Checkmate lined up in a row with inline Mercs on the them . Cant wait for that day .....

Sean

Another 20HP should get you 4 or 5 mph on the top end and also might get some more of that hull out of the water.

Lovin' the tower of power drink mixers!

Will Switzer

Ill have to make a special trip back up to the lake . We had to much going on up there trying to get everything buttoned up for the winter months . We did get everything out of the water though . Since it was nice I put the trimate in for a bit and tried to run some of the gas out . Was the first time it was back in the water since july ...