laguna 21' bay boat drainage problem

fishfull

If anyone ot there owns a laguna bay boat similair to a sea pro 21' bay I have water drainage problems around the anchor well. Can :cheers:you help me with some solution? Thanks

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums fishfull. :)

We appreciate you joining us. :thumb:

What happens or doesn't exactly?

You get water in the anchor well and it doesn't drain out?

-Chris

fishfull

Hello Chris On most boats the hatches have resevoir drains they seat in which lead to your deck or to an exterior drain. This boat doesn't it overflows in the resevoir into the anchor well then to the bottom of the boat eventually exited by the bildge pump. In fFlorida we ge alot of heavy downpours. I was thinking to put a rubber gasket in the gap between the hatch an side of the resevoir an see if that would stop the rain from going in. Any other suggestions. Thanks Lee

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lee,

I was going to suggest there was probably a drain in the bottom of it that most likely just drains the water back to the bilge. Seems like you've already got that figured out. Most ski lockers work the same way as well.

I know it's not uncommon for those types of drains to be somewhat smallish and they can therefore get plugged up pretty easily. Sometimes running a hose with clean water is enough to clear out any debris and get things flowing normally again.

I'm not sure if yours would benefit from that or if it's more of a design issue.

If you like, upload some pictures of your boat in the gallery and then we can link them and post them here. :)

I gather it's a Sea Ray? Hope so. :D If not, let me know who makes it.

I created a Sea Ray category for you in the gallery where you can upload the pics. :)

-Chris

fishfull

Thanks Cris I'll get some photos to you in the next few days. Thereis no drain just a open hole to the anchor compartment. The boat is made by Brunswick It's a 21' bay boat. Just like the 21' Sea pro also made by Brunswick. Both models aren't beinging made anymore. Thanks Lee

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well Brunswick are in the midst of restructuring the company and downsizing the number of boat brands in their stable. I'm not sure if you heard (you probably did) that Brunswick sold Baja off to Fountain and they've also been discontinuing production of some brands as well.

I'll look forward to seeing some pics of your rig. :)

-Chris