~~ Seats ~~

204 Escape

We have a 2006 LARSON 204 Escape Deck boat with a I/O.

As posted in the past, we have had seat "issues". While cleaning up the interior about a month ago, I noticed a "tear" in the very bottom of the back rest that attaches to the engine compartment lid.

I notified LARSON, and was told that they would get me another one asap.

We waited about 6 weeks for the seat back. I got a call last week, that the seat back would be delivered the next day, by a delivery company that had it on a 53' semi trailer, and could the truck get down my residential street ?

I said yes they could. They told me that the "package" weighed in excess of "75 lbs." :shakehead::confused:

I said o.k.

The seat arrives, and it is the seat back, WITH the sun pads ATTACHED !!!!! (This is a f/s unit, and if the seat unit they sent is installed, I can NOT get to the livewell, the latches, or the seat pole base).

The label on the shipping box, clearly says for a 2003-2005 boat !!!!!!! THEN, upon inspection, the BRAND NEW cushion, has a tear in it !!!!!!!!!

We are now waiting for a reply from the LARSON guy to see what the next step is.

OH, I will add. EVERY time they sent seats before, THEY were sent with "tears" in the vinyl, and had to be re done. Not to mention that one of the seats, (the front battery seat), the raised cushion part is sewn on wrong.

What a bunch of BOZO's !!!!!!!!!!!! {No wonder they filed bankruptcy. With incopatence (sp) like this, it is costing them a BUNCH !!!!!!!!! ):brickwall:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that. :(

Can you tell what is causing the tears?

Is there no foam behind that part of the vinyl? Or is there something sharp within the seat itself that is tearing the vinyl cover?

-Chris

204 Escape

The "tear" is not even close to the edge of the seat. THe area is about 2" wide. It's almost centered. I haven't heard back from the company, so we will see what they say, and then I will look.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I saw something like this once before and if I remember correctly, I think what it ended up being was there was a small bit of metal behind the seat foam that kept tearing the seat.

-Chris

Fun Times

Who orderd the seat, The dealer and they sent it to your home, Or did you call larson and talk to them and there parts guy placed the parts order for you??? Some boat manufacturer's are on top of there game and run there parts area like they are up to date with computers and all, And other boat manufacturer's run it like it is still 1886.:shakehead::brickwall::confused:;):):cheers:

204 Escape

I e-mailed the head warranty guy @ LARSON, the same one that has/will handle all of the warranty situations.

He of all people should know the layout/model I own. He told me that ALL parts are ordered off of the VIN #.

This is about the 6th screw up by the sub-contractor that makes the seats for them.

Fun Times

I e-mailed the head warranty guy @ LARSON, the same one that has/will handle all of the warranty situations.

He of all people should know the layout/model I own. He told me that ALL parts are ordered off of the VIN #.

This is about the 6th screw up by the sub-contractor that makes the seats for them.
I know what you mean about the head warranty guy, But I do half to say some times they get lost also, Because they do not do PARTS, If you can I would have the warranty guy set you up with the inhouse main parts guy so you can talk and send photos to each other so it should help on getting the right parts, Trust me I have been down this same road you are on right.