RANT

204 Escape

Went to the lake yesterday, and some punk a** kid on a jet ski, cutting circles within
20-25 feet of my boat, while I was trying to load up !!!! NO CONSIDERATION !!! OR, NO PROPER UPBRINGING !!!!!!! COMPLETE LACK OF RESPECT !!!!!!

THEN, while anchored off in a cove, and 2 pontoon boats come through a very well marked NO WAKE ZONE, leaving wakes big enough to rock my boat out of the water !!!!

It was a small lake, I enjoy going there. Wasn't ANY water patrol, at all !!!!!!!

Wasn't, and STILL NOT HAPPY !!!!!!!!! :pissed:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it happens...LOL

I just try to ignore dingbats like that so it doesn't ruin my time on the water.

But it ain't easy sometimes!

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
People do similar things on our lake.

They'll throw gigantic wakes, wakeboarding, sometimes just 20 feet away from our shore and dock. And sometimes they'll literally go back and forth over and over again for hours. And our lake is not small.

Or jetski's will buzz at full tilt at the same distance.

I guess I'm used to it, but it still bugs me. :brickwall:

-Chris

Peels

feel your pain. ozarks last month, on a late season trip. idling into a cove for lunch at a restaurant, in no wake. 30+ foot twin engined cruiser zipped by at 30+ GUess they wanted the better table...? :/ The wake almost swallowed my little boat LOL My sisters daughter, who is afraid of boats turning or rocking, was onboard. and She had a minor meltdown.

it isn't just the jetski kids. :)

its about compassion and respect. Some of us are raised with the "World is yours go get it" mentality. and never learn either of those virtues.