1970 Sutphen-Sport Pacer Project

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to learn how to glass.

Never done much of it.

I did a bit on one of the old seafleas and that was about it.

Coop, why don't you do a how to? ;)

I'd like to learn how to glass.

Never done much of it.

I did a bit on one of the old seafleas and that was about it.

Coop, why don't you do a how to? ;)

Ive always wanted to learn how to make diffrent things with fiberglass. I can mix some resin together and slap some mat down no problem, but Im talking about stuff like Seat frames, speaker boxes or anything else creative. Its the molds and stuff I dont get. A kid I went to school used to build custom subwoofer boxes and center counsels and what not out of fiberglass and he made some good money. It was pretty nice stuff. I dont understand how they came out so smooth...that is what I would like to master, cuz my head is full of great ideas

Eaglenva

that sutphen is really looking good, let us know how it goes on the "big lake" tween there and europe.

speaking

Updates

We built the rear storage/sundeck already, looks okay for what it is. Ill get some pics of that.

We took the boat out Friday for another test run with a diffrent gas tank, cuz the tank in the bow wasnt working propperly. It ran fine on the hose but when you gave it throttle it would bog and stall out - It shifted fine on the hose 10 min before we launched it:eyes: I guess thats how these boats work though. lol
Anyways, I would like to get that issue sorted out so I can see for sure what I got. It sure looks nice sitting in the water though. Very sleek:surf:

Update

Finally got some time to mess w/ the Sutphen. My father found out that the motor is actually an 1981 90hp.:thumb: w/ the 1979 100 cowling.

As it turns out, the motor was only running on one cylinder :yikes::eek:
I didnt even know that was possible! lol
Anyways, we narrowed the issue down to 3 bad coils, Swapped them from another junker motor, Butt-spliced some old deteriorating wires and it's as good as new.
We took it out in the ocean for a quick test run and boy is this a fun boat. It shoots out of the water faster than a jetski and handels real nice too. I am amazed at how fast it is out of the hole.
The speedo was reading 35mph, but we all know how accurate those are. It cruises very nicely and planes out just over harbor speed, with the engine sounding like its ideling. Very efficiant cruising boat, and Its so low to the water, I almost forgot what that was like. Im very pleased with it so far. Ill shoot some pics next time.;)

LAPLANT

GREAT LOOKING LITTLE BOAT
ISNT IT FUNNY HOW A LITTLE BOAT SEEMS TO HANDLE BETTER WITHOUT A PILE OF CASH IN IT:rof: