2007 Antique & Classic Boat Show-Gravenhurst

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Gravenhurst, Ontario-July 7, 2007

On July 7, 2007 the Town of Gravenhurst, Ontario hosted the 27th Annual Antique & Classic Boat Show.

The show was organized by ACBS of Toronto, and featured a great selection of Antique and Classic Wood and early-era fiberglass boats.

For the year 2007, the ACBS of Toronto has declared this year, "The Year of the Outboard". So the show also featured a number of classic outboard powered boats as well as classic motor displays.

Our very own forum member Yolanda Cueto attended the show along with Carolyn Mancuso and took a plethora of amazing photographs of these incredibly beautiful boats and early era outboard motors.

I'll be adding a few photographs each day over the coming weeks, so we hope you'll drop by and enjoy them. :)

Here is a link to an article about the show that was in one of the local papers.

http://www.huntsvilleforester.com/huntsvilleforester/article/41302

-Chris

Attachments

• acbs1.jpg
    acbs1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 5

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
A Gravenhurst Town Sign along with some classic wooden boats. :)

Attachments

• acbs2.jpg
    acbs2.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 2
  • acbs3.jpg
    acbs3.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 8
  • acbs4.jpg
    acbs4.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 7

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Some more. :)

Attachments

• acbs5.jpg
    acbs5.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 8
  • acbs6.jpg
    acbs6.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 7
  • acbs7.jpg
    acbs7.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 8

Chris E

good to see, i had to go to powassan yesterday and couldn't go to the show. wonder if my 79 predictor is an antique yet?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Chris,

We have over 200 photos all of classic boats.

And even though the Predictor isn't a classic or antique yet, we did manage to get a few shots of some classic fiberglass boats. There were some 50's style glass boats there, you probably know the type I'm sure. The early ones that featured the car like fins similar to what the guys at fiberglassics like. :)

Chris E

those early fiberglass were very much an automotive designs - some were pretty neat. my dad's old boat had a curved glass windsheild before they were the style to have - 1968. although, maybe i'm a purist, i really like the motor launch style - ditchburns and minnets are my style. our wedding boat was a 34 ditchburn called "wingberry" dunford did a watercolour of it - if you look around you can find it in some of the stores in muskoka.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another.

It was for sale too. :)

Attachments

• acbs10.jpg
    acbs10.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 6
  • acbs9.jpg
    acbs9.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 6
  • acbs8.jpg
    acbs8.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 6

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
A couple more... :thumb:

Attachments

• acbs14.jpg
    acbs14.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 3
  • acbs13.jpg
    acbs13.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 3
  • acbs15.jpg
    acbs15.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 6

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
When this guy fired this one up the dog just about dumped on the dock. :bigthumb:

Attachments

• acbs13.jpg
    acbs13.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 5
  • acbs14.jpg
    acbs14.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 5
  • acbs15.jpg
    acbs15.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 3

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few of an old Fiberglassic with one of the early tower of powers out back. :devil:

Attachments

• acbs16.jpg
    acbs16.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 5
  • acbs18.jpg
    acbs18.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 6
  • acbs17.jpg
    acbs17.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 6

1Mate1

I made it to the show. It was very good. Lots to see and do.A good place to pick up odds and ends for restorations, rebuilds, etc. Thank God the rain held off as it was threatening all day. If you missed it, go next year, it's great for the boating enthusiast! Did you get any photos of the "Bat Boat?" Let me know if you need one! :surf:
Steve

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Steve,

Let me check and see if we have a pic of that one. If I have one, I'll get it up next.

I'm actually putzying away at installing a gallery, once I get it up, I'll start a forum for Gravenhurst boat show pics and make it so any registered member can upload to it. That way you can contribute pics to it if you like. :)

It'll probably be a couple of days before the gallery is ready to go, so watch for it.