crown 1998 192br

crown98

Does anyone know how or where to get a new dashboard? Mine is deteriorating . The vinyl is fine but the thin plastic I.E. "carcass" is just falling apart. That's the only thing on this boat that has failed. Larry

nathan

you will have to have build a new one or try ebay. you can also call crownline to see if they have them for sale. but finding parts like that are hard to find. the boat world is nothing like the car world.

Peels

if its just the bezel the gauges sit in, yep, you'll have to make it.

you can make that out of a material called "king starboard"

if its the WHOLE dash...wont be that easy. unless you get lucky and find somebody parting out your exact model.

crown98

Thanks for the response. Regarding contacting crownline, I 've had little luck contacting them via E-mail but I do have the phone #, I suppose I'll have to call. I've gotta say, that's the only thing that has failed on this boat. We bought it new in 98 and it has been pretty much trouble free except for your normal wear and tear for river boating on the mighty Mo. She's got close to 700 hrs on her! Thanks:)

crown98

just like to thank everyone for the welcome and help. Nathan has introduced me to Buds discount Marine and it seems he has everything a guy could need. I am 58 tears old and my wife is 49 and we boat the Missouri river from Omaha north every weekend north in the summer. It's a black day when we have to put her up for the winter. We have a few Indian summers in Nebraska and it kills us to have winterize whena weekend could be 70 degrees but the next could be 30 degrees,I won't take a chance Happy Holidays to all! Larry & Cindy

nathan

glad the link helped!! I have a bunch of friends that have already had to winterize their boats that live up north. that is one of the best parts of living in texas and having an outboard. no winterizing for me.

crown98

Nathan, my brother lives in Houston and is always rubbing it in!! When we have 0 degrees, he's looking at 50 anyway. He doesn't have a boat so he doesn't have the mindset of a boater. If we were there, we'd almost live on it!

Peels

just like to thank everyone for the welcome and help. Nathan has introduced me to Buds discount Marine and it seems he has everything a guy could need. I am 58 tears old and my wife is 49 and we boat the Missouri river from Omaha north every weekend north in the summer. It's a black day when we have to put her up for the winter. We have a few Indian summers in Nebraska and it kills us to have winterize whena weekend could be 70 degrees but the next could be 30 degrees,I won't take a chance Happy Holidays to all! Larry & Cindy

happy holidays to you as well.

I FULLY agree with your sentiments here.

38 yrs old here.. and it is a VERY black day indeed. This year I waited about 3 weeks longer than last year.... got it done a week before we saw 20's.

Right now, we are Waiting for the "winter is here, no more boating" sadness to transfer over into to, "spring is on the horizon, WE GET THE BOAT OUT SOON!" eagerness LOL

Sean

I'm 53. had my last ride mid October due to logistics of getting a few things done.
I just tucked my boat away for the winter on Nov 4th BUT.....

I just bought another project boat and brought it home to Toronto this weekend (2,400 kms from Long Island, NY). So, I'll have lots of "boating" to do over the winter...just not on the water.

Peels

I have some "boating" to do as well.

fix that cavitation plate...add a sound system(i hope), and add some of those underwater led's for the stern. those are COOL. kids love them. And a carb rebuild....

PLUS: More hull polishing. I feel like i might develop an OCD for this. I get a sad feeling when I see people cruising around in boats that look like they are carrying around a coral reef on the hull...... :)

Only about 5 months to go! I can hardly wait! Happy winter gents