Alarm sound

Chris henderson

I'm getting an alarm sound that's constant. I just put my boat in for the first time after being winterized. This is just my second season so it's brand new. Glastron gt205 any insight ? Thanks

nathan

that's the model not the motor. there are different motors that can come in that boat. is it an outboard or an I/O? Volvo or mercrusier?

Peels

Gt205 is I/O im pretty sure, I looked at one. :)

already mentioned: drive lube or overheat.

also, check bilge. some have audible alarm when water gets in(mine does not). could be faulty switch.

whip out your manual, for that new a boat, you should have one still. itll give you all reasons for alarms

also...got a wacky depth finder setting perhaps...? I ask this, because my kids were fumbling with ours, and managed to change the settings, and the thing went off while I was in the water floating on a tube.... not a relaxing sound!

Sean

Glad you're all ready. Don't just wait till you have a problem... come visit us here often and tell all your "salty" tales ! :)

Peels

Glad you're all ready. Don't just wait till you have a problem... come visit us here often and tell all your "salty" tales ! :)

yes! good news(and photos)helps take the sting out of the broke down boat posts! :cheers:

Peels

He's never breaking down again!!!!!!!!!!!!

A-friggin-MEN! :cheers:

Went for a nice ride all is good! Happy summer everyone and thanks!

and happy summer to you as well! should be out quite a bit this weekend!

everythings ready to go here. stereo, depth finder, 3 stage polished the entire hull. lower unit and impeller serviced, welded and repainted. got that done for 60 bucks by the way. bought the fin, had a buddy weld it, and I did the prep and paint.

we cant wait here! have to drive aways to the lake, since the mississippi is bursting at the seams again. no loading docks in yet. I can feel the sun on my face already. Last year, memorial day weekend was miserable. It seriously rained for 4 days. We had friends from MN come down, to take em out boating....not once. Ended up having to fix a backed up rain gutter, that was the extent of our fun LOL