Brunswick Discontinues Maxxum Production

jporter5333

My father in law works for Triton who Brunswick also owns now. It's pretty bad. He works in R&D and their hours are cut. Drive by the plant and it's a sad sight. The yard went from always having a few hundred boats stacked on trucks and endless racks full of boats ready to be loaded on trucks to a pretty much empty yard.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
My father in law works for Triton who Brunswick also owns now. It's pretty bad. He works in R&D and their hours are cut. Drive by the plant and it's a sad sight. The yard went from always having a few hundred boats stacked on trucks and endless racks full of boats ready to be loaded on trucks to a pretty much empty yard.
Sorry to hear that.

Right now, people are just not buying luxury items and it's really hurting the industry.

You gotta know that when Merc is hurting, that things aren't good. :(

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

Thats how we feel driving past the old Baja factory. There used to be boats sitting everywhere. We build a few different Sea Ray models too, and there would be like 50 of them sitting along the fence at all times. At one point we were building six 175 Sea Rays a day! Now I drive past and the grass is getting high, and security lights are starting to burn out.