New Boater

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums JP - nice to have you with us. :)

They're all "junk" when they aren't running!

And all the "greastest thing ever" when they are!

I'll look forward to watching your project, progress along. :thumb:

-Chris

jporter5333

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been browsing alot and this seems like a fun friendly place. My boat isn't really an old classic or anything. It's just a 17' 1981 BassTracker with a 40hp Merc. o/b. I really had not intended on buying a project boat. I just wanted to hit the water and fish. But this boat has been so neglected in the past that I don't really have any choice but to do some work to it. So this winter I will be taking it apart and doing at least a semi restoration or a refurb. The bright side is next spring I'll have a reliable rig and can be proud of it.

Fun Times

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been browsing alot and this seems like a fun friendly place. My boat isn't really an old classic or anything. It's just a 17' 1981 BassTracker with a 40hp Merc. o/b. I really had not intended on buying a project boat. I just wanted to hit the water and fish. But this boat has been so neglected in the past that I don't really have any choice but to do some work to it. So this winter I will be taking it apart and doing at least a semi restoration or a refurb. The bright side is next spring I'll have a reliable rig and can be proud of it.
The First thing you might want to do is buy a service manual that covers your engine, And take as much time as you can and read it a few times before you even work on the engine, That should help make you feel like you are a pro while working on it from the start.:):cheers:

jporter5333

Thanks Boat teck and dave. I have a Seloc and a Clymer. I also have "The Power Boater's Guide to Electrical Systems". I wish there was a manual on aluminum boats.

jporter5333

Thanks dave and Boat teck. I have a Seloc, Clymer, and (useless)Intertec manuals. I also have "Power Boater's Guide to Electrical Systems". What I wish I could find is some kind of manual on aluminum boats.