today

yes ill make sure to take more pics and bring extra batts nexttime
I , notice in every post everything revolves around the Batt's , and just curious once again what fabric was used in your lay up , thickness of ply over all , finished layup , ect ect and be explict in you finish layup ....please ..............because you are a person who is wanting to build a boat ....................right .....or . Hey guy , not to be rude but there is no need to dassle people with B/S and you my friend are off to a good start . See you on S & F .................

Last edited:
First the plywood was scrap which =free.second i was always taught too use what you are using to get a correct fit. then vynil ester then 1.5 oz chop strand matt.then resin on the wood and same matt then resin on other side of wood then matt then resin then matt then bolted together till set up then resin then 1.5 oz chop strand matt 2 layers then 3.0 oz chop strand matt then 2 layers woven roving . then resin with black pigment over it. let dry, cut hole, reassembled. and im not smart enough to baffle anybody with bs. just proud of what i did.i'm still learning. thats why im asking.:D

SCT

"which really is a band aid for people who do not have the skills to tackle a job of that nature"

O-Ginger, you have to realize that not everyone does this type of work for a living like you, has the money or time to dump in a boat, nor is working on a 100K boat.

BD, it's great see that you are saving a bucket of rot vs hauling it to the dump!

Last edited:

Cooperider

I've seen a few boats done with it. No problems that I've heard of, but they are also small boats with no more than a couple hundred horsepower.

"which really is a band aid for people who do not have the skills to tackle a job of that nature"

O-Ginger, you have to realize that not everyone does this type of work for a living like you, has the money or time to dump in a boat, nor is working on a 100K boat.

BD, it's great see that you are saving a bucket of rot vs hauling it to the dump!
Thanks sct his dad will get to go fishing a few more times before the cancer gets too bad well i hope he does.And the boat should last a long time.:D