Changing a reverse rotation motor to standard rotation

BenderSRX

Hey guys i'm new to the site and big boats, i have a 1989 Bayliner 2950 with 5.8 cobra's. I made a big mistake and ordered a reverse rotation and a standard rotation motor to repower the boat and it turns out that i needed 2 standard rotation motors. Long story short i have the old blocks. Does anybody know exactly what needs to be done? These blocks came out of California and i live up in Canada so shipping it back and the time involved, is not worth it. I spoke to the builder and he said that they did not use a special rear main seal, it would have been the standard on a 351. I know the cam has to be swapped which i'm going to use from one of the old blocks that has low hours, all my parts like the distributer are for the standard roation. This is how i found out i had the wrong motor built. Does anybody know if there is anything else i need to do to chnage it to a standard rotation? Thanks

BenderSRX

Thats was a good link Thanks, I already know what rotaion my motors are. So far from that page i need a new cam shaft which i have already, i just need to know if there is anything else besides the cam shaft needs to be swapped. Thanks