James Bond 007 Glastron GT150 Restoration

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our community and thanks for joining up.

Kewl project!

I hope you'll keep us updated with your progress.

It sounds like it will be a fun project to follow.

What's the plan for power? Are you going to find an old 'Rude 135 Starflite?

-Chris

1973Evinrude-4.jpg

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
Wow, that looks like it will be a fun project to work on...now the next essential pop up feature will have to be a pop up waterskiing or wakeboarding tripod.

This will be interesting to see how exact you get to the movie boat. Keep the pictures coming with the progress.

adwjr

I am think ing of a newer 115 evinrude that gas will be much more efficient I doubt I can find a great condition 135 starflight. I think a new 115 would push it past 60mph.

That would be plenty of adrenaline for that boat.

But who knows I would love to find the perfect buy on a bad boy engine. Ill probably sell the 70 johnson that on it now. Its a 1974 I believe

adwjr

You know I could probably do a replica movie boat but I think there will be some changes.

The color I will leave the same... as much as I think there are nicer colors and don't get me wrong metal flake rocks. There is something to the nostalgia of the same color from the movie that wont let me tamper with it.

But a nicer throttle, steering wheel, better vinyl seats and a few pop up cleats and anchor light keeps it sleek I think.

I am definitely going to spy vs spy it out a bit with some fake smog, machine gun gauges and a self destruct button thrown in there somewhere...

Some cool vinyl graphics from the movie to add some touches we will see stay tuned....

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Cool.

Keep us posted.

Feel free to upload some pics to our Glastron gallery category. :)

-Chris

Enticer1

Way Cool Website

Alan, you have a great web site. Very cool information about the Bond boat. There is a Glastron sitting on a lift here in Tampa that the owner is just letting waste away. I expect to someday see a 4-sale on it and will consider grabing it for a project. Thanks for all the Glastron information.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to move this over to our Glastron forum where hopefully the 'Tron fans will find it easier. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the classic shot of the GT150 jumping over the road.

This shot is in a special 2009 'Rude brochure and that's where I scanned it from. ;)

Enjoy. :)

-Chris

2009-Evinrude-100th-Glastro1.jpg

creeljd

http://shakennotstirredgt150.blogspot.com/

Check out my project! Comments welcome
That is a cool web site but the only reason I can see to restore a GT150 is to make it as "much ilke" the original Bond as possible. It's never gonna be a great perfomer, there are a lot better 15 footers out there. However, the boat does look cool. I wouldn't waste the money on a new ETec specifically for this boat, besides it would be a little to heavy. It would be easy to find either an original 135 cross flow V-4 or any "bubble back" V4 and convert it to a 135. I'd look for an original Glastron runabout steering wheel, shouldn't be too hard to find.

adwjr

Well im snowed in atm and have no garage but I may find a place in the early thaw of spring to get er done lol

I suppose its best if I finished in a month i'd still have to wait for the lake to thaw lol