2008 Antique & Classic Boat Show-Gravenhurst Ontario

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Gravenhurst, Ontario - July 5, 2008

On July 5, 2008 the Town of Gravenhurst, Ontario hosted the 28th Annual Antique & Classic Boat Show.

The show was organized by ACBS of Toronto, and featured a great selection of Antique and Classic Wood and early-era fiberglass boats.

For the year 2008, the ACBS of Toronto has declared this year, "Go Slow Boating Year". The show therefore featured a number of classic boats including; row boats, skiffs, classic wooden inboard, classic outboard, as well as classic motor displays.

Yours truely, along with Yolanda, attended the show took a number of a nice photographs of these incredibly beautiful boats and early era outboard motors.

I'll be adding a few photographs each day over the coming weeks, so we hope you'll drop by and enjoy them. :)

If any of you happened to attend the event as well and would like to submit some pics to our special show gallery category, send me an email or pm and we'll make arrangements to get your pics loaded.

Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• ACBS-3.jpg
    ACBS-3.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 5

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Did the retroboats.ca guy make it there? I see he updated his site with some new photo's.
He did actually. I took a few pics of a red boat they had there. The red one was on a trailer up near the flea market area. I talked to the guys from the company and introduced myself, it sounds like a family enterprise. He told me they had a blue coloured boat in the water, but that area was so crowded I didn't bother making my way out there. In many areas, it was pretty tough to get any pics as it was simply too crowded and where the blue boat was like that.

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of shots of Ron's (Mr Motor) '61 PowerCat that was at the show. :thumb:

If you'd like to see some more shots of Ron's PowerCat as well as his "Bat-Boat" you can try the thread located [thread=271]here.[/thread]

Now here are a couple of pics from the show. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Last few of boats. The first is the local steamer, the second the antique boat house and the third is Sheeba cooling off!

Next, we're off to the flea market to see what's up there. :)

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
The boat show was a lot of fun and after the amount of sun and people at the show, I almost went in the lake with Sheeba to cool off.

Lots of great pictures.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The group from the Antique Outboard Motor Club (AOMC) had a nice display as always. There were lots of really nice old motahs, some restored some original.

I have to be careful around these displays as the purchase of an additional antique punt might just cause Yolie to go postal. :D

So no hints of purchasing or looking at for sale motors is allowed at these types of events. :rof:

Anyways, here are a few pics of their really nice display. :)