1979 Evinrude 55HP Parts WANTED

n2omichael

Hi Guys!

I am fixing up an old 15ft Tempest runabout for the kids to use for tubing and splashing around in. The boat ran great "years ago", but, a few years ago I was lucky enough to buy a Baja 24ft Outlaw and the old Tempest just kinda sat....;

Anyway, with gas prices where they are [and going UP!] It makes no sense to use the Baja for tubing/skiing. So, I started to fix up the Tempest. I have redone the entire trailer and now I am in the process of doing the motor/interior [hull is still in great shape since it sat "inside" for years]

I am looking for a good used set of coils, and a cdi box, I have narrowed down the problem to one of those 2 items, so, I am gonna change both just to be sure.

If someone has these parts [reasonable] please let me know, I am also looking for a cheap set of Outboard gauges [Tach, Speedo and volts are all I need]

Thanks guys!
Just joined the site and look forward to spending some time on it and hopefully making a few new friends [-:

Michael

nathan

have you tried ebay motors? I had an engine just like yours and I found many parts for them for sale at a good price. if you look at Iboats first you can see what years and HP have the same parts so you have an idea of what will fit.

n2omichael

HI Nathan

Yep, I keep an eye on Ebay, and Kijiji locally, have seen some good parts, but, a lot of them are used, and, as I am sure you know "used" electronics can sometimes be a real gamble, especially on "Ebay"

I have found that the fellas that list there stuff on "dedicated" boating sites are a little more thorough and honest about the stuff they sell, NO OFFENSE intended to anyone who sells on Ebay, like yourself I have bought a ton of stuff off Ebay and had really good luck about 95% of the time

Will keep looking
Thanks!

Michael