All this for a thermostat housing?

Sean

Okay, so I have been looking for a very hard-to-get thermostat housing for my SBF Holman Moody engine build and I actually come across one. However, it was still attached to the rest of the motor but that didn't stop me from buying it!

This motor is a 221 cid SBF, set up as an Interceptor marine engine. The 221 is a rare engine and was only used by Ford in automotive application, for 2 years (1962-63) in the Fairlane. This engine is the fore runner of the 289, 260, 302 and the 351.

Other than for a historical purist, I don't think there's much use for this block though, as it does not make much power. A 302 can sit in its place and look identical (with far greater output). However, I now have perfect (and useable) SBF Interceptor exhaust logs, raw water timing cover, raw water pump, alternator, brackets, pulleys and oil pan with motor mounts(not to mention cool chrome Interceptor valve covers). This engine really was complete!

I'm still on my build plan for the H & M version so, I don't know what to do with this stuff :) Anybody want to build an Interceptor?