1961 PowerCat With Twin Merc DR800's!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gang,

I've got a special treat for you.

One of our members Ron, who goes under the username of Mr Motor here on the EB forums is an avid vintage boat and motor nut. Ron is also a member of our local Antique Outboard Club and he often attends the local boat shows up here in Ontario representing the AOC. We've run into Ron several times at the local shows, in fact you may remember Ron's Red "Herters" Bat Boat pics that we took at the 2008 Toronto International Boat Show.

Well Ron's latest project is a 1961 PowerCat which is equipped with Twin Mercury DR800's! Ron sent me over some pics and he told me that him and his son took their PowerCat out on it's maiden voyage and it ran 60+ and that was only at 3/4 throttle!

Ron sent me over a few dryland pics, but he tells me he will have this boat at the Gravenhurst Antique Boat Show runs July 4, 5 & 6. I will have to check and see when Ron will have his boat there, my guess is on the July 5th though as that's the main event day. Yolanda and myself are going to try to make it to the event and if we do, we'll be sure to post up a bunch of pics as well usually do. :)

Now, I'm sure what you really want, is to see the boat! So without further adieu, here is Mr Motor's 1961 PowerCat with Twin DR800's! :devil:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
And here are a few pic of Ron's "Bat Boat" that we took at the 2008 Toronto Boat Show. :thumb:

And here are a couple more from the 2007 Gravenhurst Show. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few in-water shots of the powercat from the ACBS Antique & Classic Boat Show.

As you can see from the number of people on the dock, this show was packed. So these were the best shots I could get, given the traffic on the docks.

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
When I see these boats, it makes me think of the Bat boatmobile ....da da da da da...batman

Cool boats.