stereo cuts off at 19 volume level?

petersfield

Hi guy's new member. I was a member of Checkmate boats forum however now that I have sold my checkmate and bought a Forester Rio I came to this site!

I just installed a new stereo in my boat. the old one was cassette and speakers were not good. So I bought a sony deck and speakers and It is working , the only thing is if I turn the volume up above level 19 which is not that loud it shuts off? then comes back on if you do not turn the volume down it will keep doing it? It has cut off a few other times but I cannot see any loose connections?

Any Idea's or things to check? thanks for any help you can offer.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for joining up and posting over here Peter. :)

That's a strange one...at first glance, it sounds like a defect of some sort.

Have you checked the Sony site or googled your model to see if there is any info on the net?

-Chris

petersfield

thanks glad to be on the site!I did try the sony site and searching by model. I am going to have the electrical tech at our dealership take a lookbefore the weekend. just thought I would see if anyone had this happen before I tow it in. thanks Shawn

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
thanks glad to be on the site!I did try the sony site and searching by model. I am going to have the electrical tech at our dealership take a lookbefore the weekend. just thought I would see if anyone had this happen before I tow it in. thanks Shawn
Let us know what it turns out to be. :)

-Chris

petersfield

Hi guy's so sorry I did not get back to you I was waiting for my friend to fix the wiring for me. turns out that the powerline must have had a short or cut in the wire?? I ran a direct power cord and it is working 100% also went on the maiden voyage in the boat and it is smooth and fast and very roomy. so I am very happy now! thanks for your help. Shawn

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guy's so sorry I did not get back to you I was waiting for my friend to fix the wiring for me. turns out that the powerline must have had a short or cut in the wire?? I ran a direct power cord and it is working 100% also went on the maiden voyage in the boat and it is smooth and fast and very roomy. so I am very happy now! thanks for your help. Shawn
Thanks for the update Shawn.

Kinda weird it would cut out a particular volume level though eh?

Maybe it would cut out when the draw of power got up to a certain point that the wire couldn't support?

Whatever the case, glad you got it sorted out. :)

-Chris