cover cost?

petersfield

Hi guy's just wondering if anyone has spent money on a new cover for a 18-19ft open bow boat lately? I have an existing cover on the boat (full cover with windows for boating in the rain) it is vinyl and has some small pin holes. I would like to change it to that new canvas style material they have it would also easier to snap on in the heat! I phoned a place but they wanted me to tow it in so they could look at it. the frame is still good. just wondering if it would be major money??? thanks Shawn

p.s. anyone know were is best to get a storage cover as well? I see some at wallmart and Canadian tire but not sure how they would hol up? thanks

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The pricing will vary by shop and by boat.

Having a usable frame usually saves money though.

The other thing to keep in mind is that there are a few different materials out there that effect the price as well.

Sunbrella seems to be one of the better ones around but it's also more money.

I know there is a shop up by my cottage that is pretty good. The shop is located near Burk's Falls, I'm not sure if that would be close to you or not. :)

-Chris

Fun Times

Hi guy's just wondering if anyone has spent money on a new cover for a 18-19ft open bow boat lately? I have an existing cover on the boat (full cover with windows for boating in the rain) it is vinyl and has some small pin holes. I would like to change it to that new canvas style material they have it would also easier to snap on in the heat! I phoned a place but they wanted me to tow it in so they could look at it. the frame is still good. just wondering if it would be major money??? thanks Shawn

p.s. anyone know were is best to get a storage cover as well? I see some at wallmart and Canadian tire but not sure how they would hol up? thanks
Hi I went back and did some home work for you to try to help you out some, I found a link that some one bought a boat cover from and he had a coupon that he said he would never use. So it might be worth looking in to. And I looked over the site and it looks like it would be good stuff at a better price, If not at least it is a start. Good luck with the boat cover. And the only thing I could say on the clear cover is you might try looking in the phone book under boats and look for a company that makes bimini tops, And more then likely they should be able to help you out. I know it would be cheaper to go after market then trying a boat dealer for sure. Here is the link when you open it, It will show cars But look to the left for boats.http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/showthread.php?t=31764&highlight=coupon :cheers:

petersfield

Thanks you very much for looking that up boat teck I think I found what I was looking for . in the winter or storage cover. I am going to make due with the other cover this year and maybe get a new sunbrella cover next year.

p.s I also found a tool that helps with the buttons that pulls on them and makes it easier to snap them . works great tryed it on the ones I could never strech enough and it works! thanks Shawn

Fun Times

Thanks you very much for looking that up boat teck I think I found what I was looking for . in the winter or storage cover. I am going to make due with the other cover this year and maybe get a new sunbrella cover next year.

p.s I also found a tool that helps with the buttons that pulls on them and makes it easier to snap them . works great tryed it on the ones I could never strech enough and it works! thanks Shawn
I have not used that tool but I have seen it in a magazine some place and it looked like it would work When you need to do some streching, I wish I had that tool years ago with my old boat's bow cover. Over the years it got harder and harder to pull it closed. And I am glad you found what you where looking for. Take care.:cheers: