Possibly Buying A New Pulsare?

hotdaddy27

Since the Checkmate forum is under construction, I figured I would post this question here. I hope this is in the right spot moderator.

I am looking @ 08' Checkmate Pulsares. The question is weather I get a 20' or 21'. The price difference is nill, so handling, hole-shot, and top speed are my issues in this big decision.

In overall length the 21' is only 10" longer than the 20', but the 20' is wider, so I wonder which will handle better in rough water. I think the weight difference in nearly zip, so that should not matter. Please help with the following questions:

If anyone owns one of these boats (I think the hull is the same 06',07',08'), what are you running for a motor and on which size boat?

What are you getting for top speeds (GPS Please)?

How is it out of the hole-shot/with a slalom(sp) skiier?

Would you get the same set-up if you were able to do it again?

I really appreciate the help, I don't plan on buying a new boat for quite a while so I would like to get the best bang for my buck.

Things have changed so much since I bought my last Checkmate, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks Again.

smallblockford

hi I have both in stock at sandy beach marina my link to are web page is on the side of the forum.. I personaly like the 21 it has some distinction between it and the other pulsares .
call me i will talk boats with you my number is 1 800 346 9093
the 20 i have here runs 66mph with a 150 on her and she drives great
the 21 i have here shows 80 on the speedo but i feel it would be an honest 76 to 77mph on gps and it has a 225.

the 21 can handle up to a 300 hp and it can run 90++
the 20 can handle a 250 and would run low to mid 80s for sure

:welcome:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard hotdaddy. :)

I like the 2100 better myself.

There's more detail in the hull glass work and you can rig it with more power without getting yourself into trouble - at least in most places.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
You're welcome and thanks for the kind comments.

Just to expand on the 2100's hull, have a look at the detail on the side where it has the bump out near the back. I really like that little detail.

If you notice, the 20' doesn't have that detail. Which is a plus if you want to do some custom graphics as the glass is nice and smooth on the gunnels.

I still like the 2100 better though. ;)