New Key Hopper Forum

rbodine

Well, thanks to Chris, we now have a new Key Hopper Forum page...
I will watch to see who chims in, if you do, please let us know what year boat, what motor your running etc....If you have had alot of Key Hoppers love to hear that also.
CIMG0415.jpg

rbodine

Mine is a 1990, I purchased it from the original owner a couple of years ago, it was actually still on Marathon near where it was built. I had a Yamaha ox66 Vmax 150 that I since re-powered with a ox66 250 Saltwater Series. I am running a Bob's Manual Heavy Duty Jackplate that is set at 2.5 setback. I am still testing props or should I say I am waiting for the weather to cooperate so that I can test props. The boat had bottom paint on it, but is being removed as we speak...

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for kicking off the forum.

I hope some others out there will stumble over us and join in the discussion. :)

Boat looks great by the way and thanks for sharing. :thumb:

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Wowzers!

That's paint?

They did an amazing job. It's looks just like original gel. :thumb:

-Chris

Valkyrider

Speed

I also have a 1990 model with a Suzuki DF140. Prior to buying it it had a 200 merc on it. Sure would have loved to have operated it with the 200. How fast does your Key Hopper run with the 200 on it? What kind of fuel consumption do you have with the 200. I have checked mine and I am averaging 5 miles to the gallon running 30 to 40 miles per hour. My top speed is 45mph according to the GPS.
:D

rbodine

KH

its actually a 250, i had just purchased a used cowling and hadn't re-stickered it yet... with a saltwater series 23 blade prop I got 73 or 73 out of it. The best part is it cruises at 50-55 w/o any effort, putting a big motor on it, made it like having a new boat....As far as fuel consumption, I never check...its a toy!!!! who cares, its not like I drive it to work everyday! (or atleast thats how I feel about it)....
post some pics of your 90, I would love to see it.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I think I must be sheltered.

What is a Key Hopper? Is it a Flats boat?
LOL!

I didn't know what one was either until the "boyz" educated me on them. :thumb:

The boat in the first pic is one and I think there are a few others floating around here as well. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
its actually a 250, i had just purchased a used cowling and hadn't re-stickered it yet... with a saltwater series 23 blade prop I got 73 or 73 out of it. The best part is it cruises at 50-55 w/o any effort, putting a big motor on it, made it like having a new boat....As far as fuel consumption, I never check...its a toy!!!! who cares, its not like I drive it to work everyday! (or atleast thats how I feel about it)....
post some pics of your 90, I would love to see it.
Any updates on what's going on with the Key Hoppers?

I thought I read that someone had the moulds and someone else was building them once again.

-Chris

Valkyrider

1990 Key Hopper

rbodine
sorry about not getting back to you. I have not had time to post any pics as I have been busy. Will be in Guam the 5th of Oct. I will be going through my Key Hopper this coming year. I want to remove the poling stand on the back and I will be removing the gunnels and the inner floor pan or deck. Has anyone done this on this boat. Happened to find an old patch in the hull and want to do some repair from the inside. Also rewire everything and beef up the transom. Am planning on installing a Porta bracket to replace my old bracket. Should then be a really sweet boat. It is the dryest flats boat I have ever rode in. If anyone has any ideas about upgrades while it is apart, please pass them on.

I'm also looking for a 27' Rambo.
Dale