need help with an old boat?

killer454

I found a 1983 sterling 24ft eagle day cruiser with twin engine 350s and mercury outdrives.
can anybody tell me what this boat would be worth running?

1 engine is lockedup solid-but boat has been stored inside it looks to be in good shape.

its on a triple axel trailer
I cant find nothing on this boat I have searched everywhere-the only thing I found out was their twin engine boat was their flag ship.
thankyou for your help I need all info you can give me on this boat.

killer454

im wanting to buy a boat all I have right now is 3 waverunners
it would be something I would keep if I liked it
we like to ski and tube and I think this might be a nice boat to save but if I decided to sell it later I don't want to loose my shirt on it I know I might loose some its an old boat but I think it worth saving.

I have a 30x30 garage setup to pull moter and everything-I have a rollable a-frame 12ft tall to pull engine.

nathan

that is a lot of motor for a 24' day cruiser. I bet it would be a blast to drive. if the floor, hull, and transom is in good condition then I would offer either 1500 to 2000. engines can get expensive and even more so for interiors and stucture.

Sean

It's hard to put a number on a boat over the internet. that said, I would say the asking price is not out of line even though you need to rebuild an engine.

If however, you need to do transom or stringer work you could be in for more than you bargained for as these costs add up quickly. If the trailer is in good shape (good paint, bearings, brakes, tires & lights) it could easily be worth upwards of $ 2,000.

The package as offered looks to be a good deal in terms of value for money. Have a marine survey done. Then, look at what you'll spend to be in the water and you'll see if it's worth it.

FWIW, I'm not sure twin v8s are what you use to go waterskiing/tubing...but a helluva cool (and fun) ride.