1970 Combo-Cruiser Houseboat

H2omofo

I just rescued my 1970 Ship-A-Shore Combo-Cruiser Houseboat from a local farmer. The boat is so ugly it is cool. My plan is to reinforce the top of the boat so it can be used as a sun deck area, but I do not want to interfere with the classic lines of the boat. Any suggestions?

Thanks

nathan

some pictures would help. but you should be able to add a few cross members to the top with out changing the classic lines of the boat. also check the walls and side support to make sure they are strong enough to support the weight of people on the roof. A lot of boats build the roof and sides light just to hold up the roof from the conditions. it may not be built to handle people's weight.

H2omofo

Just learning my way around the site... I posted a pic on my profile, not sure how/if I can post to a thread.

nathan

easiest way to post pictures is to upload it to a site like photobucket. then copy the IMG link into your reply. or depending on your browser you maybe able to just right click on the picture (after it is uploaded to the other site) and then paste it into the reply.

H2omofo

Thanks guys. I'll give a shot. I've been boating for 35 years and restoring them for the past 10. I also started a company a couple years back that makes Floating Stereo systems... The "H2oMoFo"... hence the name. Check it out. www.H2oMoFo.com. The site is pretty basic, but it'll give you an idea. I'm looking to make the houseboat part of the image of the company.

Peels

welcome to the site....

love the concept of that stereo! thats hilarious, and awesome all at once! Id stick one in the pool! LOL

can you remotely connect to it?

Peels

Peels, you can... but blue tooth signals are weak and it degradates the sound quality.

Yeah Im not the biggest fan of bluetooth either...except, it seems to have its place outdoors..

do you have a head unit of some sort in it?

I like it regardless..