Sweetwater pontoon pics

john lamon

We bought this new in july. 08, exciting day pulling up to the cabin with it, we didn't tell any of the family we bought it so everyone was surprised.

Attachments

• August 2008 005.jpg
    August 2008 005.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 19
  • August 2008 009.jpg
    August 2008 009.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 19
  • July 2008 021.jpg
    July 2008 021.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

john lamon

more pics

Attachments

• July 2008 022.jpg
    July 2008 022.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 16
  • July 2008 023.jpg
    July 2008 023.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 12
  • July 2008 018.jpg
    July 2008 018.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 13

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
John,

Thanks for sharing, it looks like fun!

Hopefully warmer days and more daily boating memories are not too far off.

How does it run with the 90 on it? :)

-Chris

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
Hello John,

I see them on our lake a lot and it looks like fun! and by your pictures it truely looks like fun. How many people can you comfortably get on your boat? and does it have some speed as well?

With Summer just around the corner....YEAH!!!! Hope the weather this summer is full of sun...sun....and more sun...oh and lets not forget heat.

Go boating Go! :)

john lamon

John,

Thanks for sharing, it looks like fun!

Hopefully warmer days and more daily boating memories are not too far off.

How does it run with the 90 on it? :)

-Chris

The 90 will push it at 28mph with just me and 23-25mph with a full load

It has really good low end torque for a 90 and we have used it for tubing and skiing a little, we usually load everyone on the pontoon and then take the in-laws Invader with the 115 tower of power out aswell to use for watersports.

Last fall I bought the Checkmate so that will be the main tow boat now:drool:

Here's a pic of the Invader, my wife's parents bought it new in 89' it has over 1200 hrs on it.

Attachments

• 09 pics 014.jpg
    09 pics 014.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 6

john lamon

Hello John,

I see them on our lake a lot and it looks like fun! and by your pictures it truely looks like fun. How many people can you comfortably get on your boat? and does it have some speed as well?

With Summer just around the corner....YEAH!!!! Hope the weather this summer is full of sun...sun....and more sun...oh and lets not forget heat.

Go boating Go! :)

Yes they are fun, but I prefer the Checkmate though:devil: LOL

we usually have 6-8 adults and 4 kids on board, there's room for a few more but it can start to get crowded after 10 adults.

Will Switzer

Nice pontoon John . How many ft ? We have a 2005 Bennington we bought new 22ft with a 60hp merc Bigfoot 4stroke . Really like it . We were at the Detroit boat show in feb and the 2011 Benningtons make us want to trade this one in and buy a New one lol . Its almost time to start getting everything back out in the next month or so . I cant wait either . Im ready to get back out and waterski lol .......

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Spring is coming!

It will soon be time to launch all our toys for another year. :thumb:

-Chris

john lamon

Nice pontoon John . How many ft ? We have a 2005 Bennington we bought new 22ft with a 60hp merc Bigfoot 4stroke . Really like it . We were at the Detroit boat show in feb and the 2011 Benningtons make us want to trade this one in and buy a New one lol . Its almost time to start getting everything back out in the next month or so . I cant wait either . Im ready to get back out and waterski lol .......

Hey Will, we were originally looking at getting a bennington, they look real nice but the closest dealer for them is in Minot, ND. a good 6.5 hr drive plus the whole border BS, ended up getting the sweetwater because that's what the dealer we've always used sells, we really like it but with our growing family's it's getting a little on the small side, it's 21ft long and 8ft wide, between my wife's family and my family in 3 different cabins (we all go to the same lake and are usually there at the same time) it just gets used by who ever is there and most times it's all of us, the plan for this spring is to sell it and sell the invader and get a sweetwater 23ft tri toon with a 150 e tec, that one is also 6" wider and should float us all around a little better, right now it kind of looks like we got a flat tire all the time, haha.

I really hope this all works out because that will mean one less boat parked in front and that will make room for a shore station boat lift for the checkmate, I was going to get a lift last year for it but as you can see in this pic there just ain't any room with that middle boat there, since I got the checkmate that invader never gets used anyway, maybe twice last year it left the dock for fishing, going to the boat show tomorrow so maybe we'll find something.

40824_413837162059_593712059_5207940_3301130_n.jpg

john lamon

Spring is coming!

It will soon be time to launch all our toys for another year. :thumb:

-Chris

It can't come fast enough Chris, for me anyway, we are having a really cold one and I'm thinking the ice is going to be real late going out this year, last year was real early, I think april 20th ish, this year I could see it being May 20th, I will find open water somewhere though:devil:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
It can't come fast enough Chris, for me anyway, we are having a really cold one and I'm thinking the ice is going to be real late going out this year, last year was real early, I think april 20th ish, this year I could see it being May 20th, I will find open water somewhere though:devil:
I usually judge spring by when we can get down the old cottage road. :D

Last year we made it in pretty early, around April 3rd. When we made it in, it was 80 degrees and like summer! This year, there isn't too much snow up north, but we'll see what happens.

Today it was raining pretty heavy in Toronto, but up north, it was some rain and then more snow.

Hopefully the temperatures will head above zero shortly and start the melt! :thumb:

-Chris

Will Switzer

I was 40 and raining here today now its about 30 and snowing :pissed: I am so sick of the snow . Last season my dock went in april 1st . Easter weekend . Usually its not till the end of april . It stays colder in northern Michigan than it does down where I live 30 Mins north of toledo Ohio . But this past summer it was warmer up there than it was down here and that was fine with me because I was out on the water as much as I could ....