Anyone going to...

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's not very winter like the last few days.

Enjoy the show! :)

-Chris

Sean

I spent over 6 hours walking around down there and the show was a little disapointing actually...

The boats are starting to look so generic....except for my personal favorite Chris Crafts Lancers....If somebody wins the lottery please buy me a Lancer 20!

There was no Sutphens, Hornets, Fountain, Baja, Donzi go fast boats anywhere to be found. Way too many people hawking GPS and chartplotters not to mention condos, time shares, clothing, hot tubs, wind chimes and overpriced junk food.

lineups to go on board any of the power yachts were long...very long. And on day 1 many manufacturers sales reps were too busy chatting with each other in their booths to actually answer questions from the public.

The indoor lake had the free wakeboard rides...but this is growing old fast.
At least the Antique club brought some interesting sea-fleas and hydroplanes (you don't have to pay to see them as they are in the front hall! should have just gone home then.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, those ChrisCraft's are pretty neat.

I've got some shots of them in the show threads I did a couple of years back, I'm not sure if you've checked them out or not. :)

-Chris

Sean

Yep, I have gone through those threads... nice pics.
The show is definately smaller this year and not as many people as I have seen on an opening Saturday in previous years.
I suppose I'm just disapointed with the absence of the specialty type boats which means nothing else stands out. The economy has taken a toll end everyone else is scrambling to get in your wallet.
On an interesting note, the ELECTRIC runabout was back this year. It's neat technology but, I'm not ready to go there yet...maybe when gas hits $5 / liter.